Sign in to follow this  
ilovejules

Helicopters and planes

I have a question about how to get a helicopter or plane to start in the air, like over water or something like that, and then when at a wp make the helicopter hover at a certain m above the ground. if ne one can give me to script or help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

Hello, it`s simple to place a flying air unit.

Open the Mission Editor,place a unit on an Isle,choose side,then Air. Then you can choose the Air vehicle you want to use.To make it fly at the Missionstart under Special, choose Flying. smile_o.gif

EDIT:

To use that feature you must set the Editor from simple to advanced.

It`s easy, when you know how. biggrin_o.gif

There is a readme html file on the Flashpoint CD, that will probably be helpfull. smile_o.gif

for the hovering part:

name the chopper something like helo1

in your waypoint you can set helo1 flyinHeight 15 (or whatever the height you want) put this in the activation of the waypoint field:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">helo1 flyinHeight 15

Also can reset this flyinHeight per waypoint if you wish, 30 looks kind of neat skimming the treetops.

The waypoint has time setting max mid and min so you can set them all to whatever (seconds I believe) same or different based on what you need.

Mission Editing FAQ sticky has alot of nice little morsels like this.