Sign in to follow this  
darkpeace

Server Optimization Request

the server type comparison even has dates, server types, net speeds, OS used the works

it's the fastest CTI server, not fastest server, it could be the world fastest OFP server

but there is one fact alone

we dont lag in CTI smile_o.gif game after game on no dysync, game after game of 0 dysync, game after game of "that was a wicked game with no lag"

get the idea yet? you still have issues with dysync - we do not, this means we have the best optimized Server type for OFP CTI based servers and you wont listen - so it's now you're problem

you have a problem, we pesented the fix and you ignored it, thats your issue and problem, stop you fking whining and and stop linking to our sites to further you LAN gamin

ppl use our server - i dont need to worry about getting clients since ppl all ready know they get quality service and $0

you on the on other hand need to bitch about lag issues that are not an issue on high powered and well maintained servers, mabey you should get a real server

lol, this is funny, i have scanned our server netlogs for your ISP/IP, player ID and name and you have not even once tried our server lol

what a freak

(server logs date to jan 3rd of 2004)

Incorrect. I logged onto a few days ago when it was empty

#VOTE ADMIN 1

#MONITOR 1

Checked peak fps while idle in lobby

Alt+F4'd out

You don't have my player ID rock.gif

My player name is not "DarkPeace" tounge_o.gif

Your server peaked at 32fps as I suspected it would.

My server is on a LAN, and has 1000fsb with RAM to match, thus it does not desync as you claim it does, you are VERY CONFUSED. Why you keep saying it does I have no ****ing idea, I really don't, this thread has nothing to do with what you consistantly bring up.

As outlined above:

------------------

I went out and built an Athlon XP PR2800+ server for lab testing, as it is similar to another server that is online that some other people I know can sustain to afford / justify. (they are saving for Athlon 64 2.4ghz+). They got 2U rack space so a overclocked box was *not* an option (duh).

Your recommendation of getting a 4ghz CPU will not work in thier scenario (ever try cooling a 4ghz CPU in a 2U rack ?) (Don't say yes even if you have, it is so off topic I can't believe you bring it up in every one of your replies)

Point is different servers need different configurations for MFCTI, as I am sure you would be aware, however you seam most unco-operative in sharing any meaningful advise to any other parties when requested.

How does saying a PR2800+ Athlon (built to match another server for testing here, so server can sit 800km away, during lab tests, while players use the real one) is slower than a 4ghz Pentium 4 Prescott help any one ? ....

It doesn't, in fact most people are aware it is slower, I only built the server to match an already existing one.

Then you say my LAN server (which is a 3ghz/1000fsb P4 Northwood) lags ?

Did you even read the above ? or do you just have a macro that replies the same stuff every time ?

Better change it for when the P4 Gallatin core and Athlon 64FX 2.6ghz+ servers are common, as they will be faster than your current server (which I assume is in a server tower or perhaps a 4U rack in a farm)

I am trying to help people with a lower end server, so I went out and build a similar speced server with my own cash (I made it my new fallback PC to learn SuSe Linux 9.1 on for work, and put a R9800 Pro in, so its not exactly the same, but I had to justify forking out the dollars myself for testing you know)

Now that I have pointed out there are 3 different servers clearly do you follow me yet ?

Just to make it 100% clear, the 3ghz server does not desync, the PR2800+ does desync a tiny, insignificant amount on LAN during lab testing.

I noticed immediately that when locking the bandwidth to match Dual ISDN or below for the client (over LAN so ping was low, but datarate was set to all all: GigaEthernet, Fast Ethernet, Ethernet, 2048/2048, 1024/1024, 1536/256, 512/512, 512/128, 384/96, 256/64, 128/128, 96/96, 64/64, 56/48, 56/33.6, 56/28.8, 48/33.6, 48/28.8), that at lower speeds the server CPU usage rose heaps, even in 128/128 when the going got tough, the server 'hiccuped' as you put it.

Thus obviously not identical to real world, however ping does not affect OFP as you say, since players from the other side of the globe with high data rate, and moderate (cable) pings get no desync on your server smile_o.gif (useful information I can deduce)

Only problem with lab tests what the ping remained near zero, but datarate locked, so its OK, so it was not 100% representative of the lower speeds (as most dial-up uers get over 125ms pings).

I did notice as you said, the CPU load and bandwidth monitors during the test, and the CPU load spikes (which pushes server fps down if it hits 100%), the lower speeds (below 384/96) caused the serer CPU to spike in MFCTI testing.

My point is, the settings I requested can help the fight against desync in a manner different to yours (not everyone get a 4ghz server hosted in a 2U or 4U rack, which are our only options in Australia, and may other admins may benefit from the above settings).

With them you could streamline the player base to a server, and stop the clients that hit the server CPU the hardest from playing on a given server.

RTCW already has the above features (to a degree)

Now I am sure anyone with a server hitting 100% load would benefit from the features in the 1st post (going back to the topic of the thread, which is not that a certain 4ghz server has no desync, or that a giga ethnernet server does, which you are mistaken on).

I bet I can guess your reply already. Same *incorrect* assumptions that any non 4ghz server desyncs. (oh and that its the fastest CTI server online)

Yet the fact remains it has nothing to do with the requests I suggested in post #1 of this thread.

The majority of servers are slower than yours correct ? - True

Thus the slower the server, the more it would benefit from the suggestions in post #1 - True

Thus if another highly demanding server process came along that hit a 4,5 or even 6ghz CPU really hard, the settings would help - True

I've answered my own post, as no-one else helped.

No animals where harmed, except the dignity of a cow.

Seriously though, BIS should charge you for all the advertising you do for that server.

Quote[/b] ]You don't have my player ID

My player name is not "DarkPeace"

Your server peaked at 32fps as I suspected it would

I snagged three of your IPs off of three Forums I have admin on, it was all i needed

the fact remains you have not even seen what our server can do, and you have not logged in even once to see its power with a full load of players - hell you have not connected even once, and that makes you a sloppy in my books to dismiss that which you have not tested - at least we have tested every CTI server that was online for public use in the last three years

and if you read up i stated there will not be any changes in the server - BIS has done a fine job regardless of your yammering

wow 2 malbo's hahaha look at all that typing hehe  crazy_o.gif

Imagine the server capabilities if they were combined crazy_o.gif

Dude I joined your server, get over it.

My IP is not static

You don't have my player ID

You don't have my player name

Isn't using admin privlidge to obtain an IP needlessly an abuse of permissions ?

Anyways, if your using a decent browser this shouldn't get sampled down:

RNjoin.jpg

I've removed any information that might identify me for privacy concerns.

eg: time joined, all player names, etc

JPEG is progressive, at factor 30, 1024x768

progressive made it smaller in this case

:P

I've been there, you just don't know who or when.

wow 2 malbo's hahaha look at all that typing hehe crazy_o.gif

Imagine the server capabilities if they were combined crazy_o.gif

lol

Anyways when it boils down to it BIS should release the source code, or at least part of it (although with VBS1 I don't know if contractual agreements would permit this).

Then some really neat changes, improvements could be made smile_o.gif

Dude I joined your server, get over it.

My IP is not static

You don't have my player ID

You don't have my player name

Isn't using admin privlidge to obtain an IP needlessly an abuse of permissions ?

Anyways, if your using a decent browser this shouldn't get sampled down:

I've removed any information that might identify me for privacy concerns.

eg: time joined, all player names, etc

JPEG is progressive, at factor 30, 1024x768

progressive made it smaller in this case

:P

I've been there, you just don't know who or when.

Since I own the servers those forums are on I can do as i please smile_o.gif and an IP is in no way Private, its not different from me looking upr your adress in the phone book and looking at your house or can it stop me or any one who connects to my server from doing back ground checks

I have a screen shot of the london Bridge, it's for sale you know

plus, last night alone our server cross referenced X member DEVGRU Stonewall that was found to have 11 alisas's and a few IDs, he was caught causing shit as a player on Degru server, he was kicked from there and in tern came to ours and started, took my server 2 mins to cross refernce his IPS and IDs to show every player he has been over the last year and where he has posted in forums lol smile_o.gif

i know who every one is smile_o.gif (when i need to)

you will find most of the main stream servers (ie been around for ever) do it

since we actually take the time and effort to maintain servers for YEARS we have the right to safe guard our babies

you know, servers that work and run with out lag

Speaking of which, is there like a giant black list of dodgy or constantly abusive players / idiots you can subscribe too ?

Would be nice on a few local servers, sure it would not stop the determined asshole, but it would stop the average fool.

Of course checks would be made against local player id, in case a duplicate is found (because they can pick their player id these days)

because they can pick their player id these days

Afaik they can't do that. They could before 1.96 and they can generate some semirandom (but overlong) ids now, but every case i have seen of a player "faking the id from a well-known player" was a warez id, ie the "well-known player" used a warez id and the cheater also.

If there really IS a way to generate specific ids with 1.96 i'd like to know more.

Phew, so it is mainly 1.91 and before servers that are affected ?

We get bugger all in Australia, but they do join sometimes, personally I don't look into stuff that can break Flashpoint (like cheats or id cracks, etc)

I even have 2 legal copies of the game (GOTY and Gold) and 2 player IDs.