Sign in to follow this  
Larman

help with a dedi server

i have some problems with my ofp server.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">pxxx:/home/ofpadmin/ofp # ./ofpserver check

OFP directory: /ofp MISSING!

Server executable: /ofp/server ERROR!

Port number: 2302

Config file: /ofp/server.cfg MISSING!

PID file: /var/run/ofp_server.2302.pid

RUN file: /var/run/ofp_server.2302.run

pxxx:/home/ofpadmin/ofp #

and:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">pxxx:/home/ofpadmin/ofp # sh server-1.96.shar

Operation Flashpoint Resistance dedicated server 1.96

x - creating lock directory

x - extracting server (binary)

x - extracting ofpserver (binary)

x - extracting tolower.c (binary)

x - extracting readme.txt (binary)

Converting OFP directory:

No file-names were converted

any ideas?

thx

1st message: You need to change the ofpserver script, to set the directory in which you've installed the ofp server (probably /home/ofpadmin/ofp ?)

2nd message: No problem, it just means that there were no file names to convert to lower case, i.e. all file names already were lower case

If you look into the script you will see this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> if [ -x ${OFP_DIR}/${SERVER} ]; then

echo "OK"

else

echo "ERROR!"

fi

So your server executable is not executable. You can change this by changing to your ofp server directory and running "chmod -R ugo+rx .".

You also seem to be missing the server.cfg file. If this is named differently you have to change the line in the ofpserver script or rename your config accordingly.