Sign in to follow this  
Sniper_Panther

Advanced Questions

1. Ok I am working on a police map since the new prison thing came out. Ok heres what I want to do. I want to have options where at the place where it says "Weapon Ak47" "Drop weapon". So It could say something when you arrive at a certain point "Who's drugs are there" etc.

Then I want to know how for the AI to respond like "These are not my drugs" So if a cop says something different so will the AI. NOTE: I want it to activate when I pass a trigger or something.

2. Ok say if a Civilian Passes a trigger how do I get them to transport to a certain place?

3. How do I make AI use there waypoints when a player hits the trigger?

Sorry. I don't know. I SUCK at scripting. Well, if Duck of Death is on these forums, try pm'ing him.

smile_o.gif

1.  You'll need a trigger that, when fired by the player, will add an action which will execute a script when selected.  See the official command reference on the syntax.  You can then script the outcomes.  I don't really understand what you're trying to do with it (it's late), but for instance you could script the "right" and "wrong" responses - select one action and something will happen, select the other and something else will....etc etc etc.  Without more specifics that's about as much as I can tell you tounge_o.gif

2.  Instantly?  Group the trigger to him, so when he activates it, he's setpos'd to the new location - the setpos command will "warp" him to the new location.  

If you want him to physically walk there, you can give him a domove command in the "on activation" field specifying the new position...something like [Dude move (getpos Place)] - without the brackets.

3.  Well, if you want them to start moving only when the player activates the trigger, you can set a condition in the first AI waypoint's condition field, such as GoGoGo, and put GoGoGo = true in the trigger's on activation field.  Then when the player fires the trigger, the AI will start following its waypoints.

Again, without more details that's about as specific as I can get - I'm sure someone else will have the exect answers you need wink_o.gif

3. Just sychronize the AI's first waypoint with the trigger. If you don't understand, grab a beginning editing tut from OFPEC.

1 & 2. Not sure I understand what you are asking....