Sign in to follow this  
Badassdom

mmm.. how does this work?

im trying to put the wgl nv to work with ecp.

so how do i do this?

i am not a cheat tounge_o.gif its for privat use

You will have to hex edit the dll for this to put the checksum in. Or you could create a new texture for the nvg which has parts of the original one in it so the checksum works (someone already did this, search this forum).

I added in a private replacement mod the wgl night vision, so if you use ECP for private usage (i mean for your offline fun) , you can do it by modifying the config.bin (download the file in .cpp format , edit it and binarize it with the utility cpp2bin).

If you do not have a private usage of the ECP, you can be sure to be kicked from joining a server that is allowing ECP , as modifying the config is usually not allowed and will be detected as a cheat (as it would give you a really unfair advantage).

All you need is the wgl_ui.pbo file (that is a part of the WGL mod) that you have to put in the ...\@ECP\Addons\... folder

And edit the ECP config.cpp downloaded from there (scroll down to the Optional Download: ECP Development Versions part) just be carefull to download the ECP config you use (as there is 3 different one : one normal, one if you use the Dynamic Range plugin or one if you use the Inquisitor Weapon Pack plugin)

Inside the config.cpp , look for the category

Quote[/b] ]class NVGoggles:Binocular

replace the line that is under this category

Quote[/b] ]modelOptics="optika_night";

by this one

Quote[/b] ]modelOptics="\wgl_ui\nvgoggles\wgl_nvg_optics.p3d";

Close the config.cpp file and save the changes.

Now download the utility cpp2bin from there

And use it to create from the config.cpp file you have just modified into a config.bin.

Replace the ECP config.bin , that is inside ...\@ECP\bin\... (make a backup of it before in the case you want to play online with ECP , as you will have to use the default config.bin if you don't want to be kicked) by this new one you just made.

Then have fun

Lol, i mixed up the thread with dxdll one i guess. Sorry for the confusion. I will go to sleep now so i don't cause any more harm.