Sign in to follow this  
subx

UDP Flood to Host

I just reinstalled OFP (+gold +1.46update +resistance + 1.96update) which I haven't played in quite some time, so I don't know if the problem I've had is specific to the current version or not.

Anyway the problem that I first encountered was that, when I tried to join a game via ASE, OFP would get to the point where it says, "Wait for server..." and not get any further. Figuring that something needed setting in my ADSL router's firewall, I looked through its logs. Only to find that it was actually blocking a UDP flood coming from my computer to every server I tried to connect to.

**UDP Flood to Host** 192.168.1.2, 2304->> XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, 2434 (from ATM Outbound)

Very odd.

Better remove ASE from the equation then... connecting to a server from a short cut causes the same problem.

After an extensive search of the internet I found a couple of other brief mentions of a similar problem, but no real solution (other than turn off the firewall and therefore let the UDP flood go).

After a good long while thinking how to get around the problem, I realised I hadn't I tried connecting from within OFP. So I brought up the remote server entry page and plugged in a random server's IP and... the same thing happened, nuts. But then I tried the in game server browser, and... that worked no problem. Bizarre.

So although I'd rather be using ASE to connect, I'm just glad that I found a work around before I'd pulled all my hair out :)

Any suggestions as to what the hell is going on would still be appreciated.

Connect: networked 3Com ADSL router

No one with any ideas on this issue?

The ofp netcode uses udp packets, lots of them. The ofp traffic is an "udp flood". I guess your firewall/router is configured wrong or overreacting. I don't really see an ofp-related problem here...

As this problem seems related to how you connect to a given server, it might not be the actual game traffic but the serverquery traffic.