Sign in to follow this  
LightWalker

? tips on a dedi config ?

We started our dedi-server but I noticed that other servers can check on large ogg files and kick those players etc etc.

Please reply with suggestions on how to config our server to make it as pleasant as possible.

Try setting something like the following in your flashpoint.cfg:

MaxCustomFileSize="61440";

You can also run a loop every minute or so (very low performance impact), that searches for and deleted the user uploaded OGG files, as they never added an option to exclude users customer face and/or sound files, only to limit by size (and yeah 60kb tends to block most user created OGG files, so long as they are larger than 60kb, face files are normally around 16kb though)

this leads to random crashes and is not advisable - there are other minor issues as well, like when players get into vehicles there will be errors that will pop up in screen which is annoying as all hell

and there is no way this actually stops your server from uploading files

Follow Benu advice

I actually did use that kind of script for months without a single problem. So i set MaxCustomFileSize to 60kb and let the script delete all the ogg files. Faces were not deleted. No problem at all.

ofp is all ready set to 60 kb dude - per suma's post over a year ago - the errors refer to XML pics that are to large, and not just sounds

We started our dedi-server but I noticed that other servers can check on large ogg files and kick those players etc etc.

Please reply with suggestions on how to config our server to make it as pleasant as possible.

No mention of large XML pics there, just wanted to delete OGG files dude (wasn't there a dimention limit, like 64x64 or 128x128 ? / / and it only takes JPG and PAA, and highly compressed image formats anyway)

I didn't know that OFPR automatically blocked custom files over 65536 bytes (64 kb), I'll have to test this out.

Thanks for the tips smile_o.gif

I had players connecting with faces MUCH larger than 60kb btw. This value is an EXAMPLE anyway, mine is set to 20kb or 30kb atm.