Sign in to follow this  
UKSubmariner

Massive multiplayer level in development

Okay, I'm just putting the finishing touches to a massive combined-arms mission and I've got a few questions that I want to put to you all tomake it perfect.

Firstly, setting. Now it's definately going down on Everon (tired I know, but hey, the island is funky) but what era should it be... Flashpoint era or WWII?

Secondly, just what is the limit on the number of players in this game these days? It's been ages since I played online. Currently I've got spaces for 20 or so players, but there is plenty more space available. Same goes for NPC's. Is the rule of thumb limit still 200 units? Because if so I've got 180.

Thirdly, addons. Is there anything particular that people would like to see (i.e. Infantry, tanks, APC's, Trucks, Weapons or Helo's. NOT AIRCRAFT (Unless it's WWII, obviously) OR BOATS though).

Thats it. Once I've got the answers I need in, standby for a potential blast.

Cheers guys.

Firstly, setting. Now it's definately going down on Everon (tired I know, but hey, the island is funky)

Hey, who doesnt like Everon?

Quote[/b] ]what era should it be... Flashpoint era or WWII?

Why not do both? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Secondly, just what is the limit on the number of players in this game these days?

No idea, aslong as it can be done with around 16 (infantry + pilots)

Quote[/b] ]Thirdly, addons. Is there anything particular that people would like to see

Marine Assualt Pack wink_o.gif

Firstly, setting. Now it's definately going down on Everon (tired I know, but hey, the island is funky) but what era should it be... Flashpoint era or WWII?

Definitively flashpoint, as there aren't enough good ww2 addons that fit together to make a really good combined ww2 mission.

Quote[/b] ]Secondly, just what is the limit on the number of players in this game these days? It's been ages since I played online. Currently I've got spaces for 20 or so players, but there is plenty more space available. Same goes for NPC's. Is the rule of thumb limit still 200 units? Because if so I've got 180.

For players, make it at least for 20 players. For ai, you should not let unneeded units run around. It is better to spawn them when they are needed. There are scripts for doing this already. With too much ai running around it will get laggy pretty fast. Check out for example the battlefield bastige thread in this forum.

Quote[/b] ]Thirdly, addons. Is there anything particular that people would like to see (i.e. Infantry, tanks, APC's, Trucks, Weapons or Helo's. NOT AIRCRAFT (Unless it's WWII, obviously) OR BOATS though).

Opinions will differ on that one, but imho you should either use not too much addons, as more people will download them if they aren't too big/much. Or you should use popular addons, as more people will already have those installed.