Sign in to follow this  
Postduifje

flying BRDM's

I was just playing the mission Counter Strike from the original campaign, and instead of choppers dropping us on kolgujev, I started, as Armstrong, in a flying BMP's, and when I was looking around, all the choppers were replaced by BMP's.

This could be caused by an unofficial addon, becaus I have some of them, and as I heared they tend to give problems to other people too. I have removed some of them, but still I got flying BMP's. I'll try some more, and post the results here.

Greets, Postduif

edit: although the title says BRDM, it were BMP's

Are you sure they're BRDMs and not BMPs? Till now, I've only heard of flying BMPs. Of course, BRDMs are lighter than BMPs so it makes sense that they should fly as well. confused.gif

For suggestions, search The FAQ for "flying bmps".

Could you post a picture of the flying BRDMs or email me one?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you sure they're BRDMs and not BMPs? Till now, I've only heard of flying BMPs. Of course, BRDMs are lighter than BMPs so it makes sense that they should fly as well.  confused.gif

For suggestions, search The FAQ for "flying bmps".

Could you post a picture of the flying BRDMs or email me one?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, it were BMP's sorry. just noticed it, before I saw your posts smile.gif

How do you make screenshots in OFP? Is there a program for that?

Just checked your faq, but:

-I've installed the game correctly (1.00 -> 1.20 -> 1.30 -> 1.40)

-Don't have any of Devil's addons, so that's not the problem. Have some others though. I'll try removing them one at a time.

Addons:

1)The addon collection by Armourdave & Kegetys

2)WinterKolgujev 1.1 by Kegetys

3)WinterVehicles 1.0 by Kegetys

4)ArcticArmour V1.3 by Ash

5)objects1.pbo by Kegetys

6)EditorUpgrade1 (or is this official?)

allready removed and tested:

1)CCI3AudioSFX by Satchel (this was for 1.3, so I instantly thoughed this was the problem, but guess not)

2)from The addon collection:

-A10realistic.pbo

-m60real.pbo

-su25realistic.pbo

-VULCANrealistic.pbo

-ZSUrealistic.pbo

I deleted all my unofficial addons now, and the problem still occurs. There's nothing left but reinstalling. If that works I'll try putting my current addon folder back afterwards to be certain it weren't the addons. thanks anyway...

managed to bring up some pics:

16023502237.jpg

Just hangin' with the guys...

16023502247.jpg

UFO's spotted!

That bug is annoying - but it looks funny.

Armstrong has stolen an dozen of top secret russian hover-"tanks". wink.gif

Hope that the problem can be solved!

Never had ANY sort of a problem like this with the collection addon, and I have no reason to believe it could be anything to do with kegetys and my addon. One of these addons must of either cloned some part of Devils addons or is somehow replicating the same code or it's an OFP bug which I dont believe is true because it seems like most of these reports come after people have installed certain addons. A re-install may not solve it if it's an OFP a bug, but defineatly worth a try.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Armourdave @ Jan. 07 2002,19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Never had ANY sort of a problem like this with the collection addon, and I have no reason to believe it could be anything to do with kegetys and my addon. One of these addons must of either cloned some part of Devils addons or is somehow replicating the same code or it's an OFP bug which I dont believe is true because it seems like most of these reports come after people have installed certain addons. A re-install may not solve it if it's an OFP a bug, but defineatly worth a try.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't get me wrong, I was in no way trying to accuse you or Kegetys from making a bugging addon. I love the addon collection, and other addons made by either you or Kegetys. Never had any problems with them, and wasn't suspecting they had anything to do with the flying BMP's. I was simply handling a standard checklist: before I do a bugreport to BIS, I want to make absolutely sure the bug isn't caused by something unofficial (especially since that caused the same bug to others). I've filtered all of the unofficial addons, but still I want to reinstall to make sure I have only official BIS files installed when I do the first check. This way I can see where the problem lies.

Well, I do recall Kegetys' Objects addons as causing problems and I seem to remeber Kegetys himself telling players not to use it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 08 2002,11:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, I do recall Kegetys' Objects addons as causing problems and I seem to remeber Kegetys himself telling players not to use it.<span id='postcolor'>

Your right! It is caused by EditorUpgrade1.pbo. I first thoughed this came with one of the official upgrades, but now I figured out it was indeed unofficial. When removing this the BMPs return into normal parachuting men. Didn't thoughed finding the cause after all, but this is defenitely it.

LOL hovertanks...reminds me of Battlezone, if someone else remembers that game.

Hey I remember Battlezone (Atari 1980)!  We are talking the old version right, you know, the one with the black background and all objects were just wireframed shells?  That game rocked back in the day.....####, I'm showing my age.  wink.gif

FS_Screen_2918200143827.jpg