Sign in to follow this  
SASR Sabre

Iroquois

well it depends on if it was a join mission.

since alot fo the time US Airforce forward air controlers and PJ's ride with the army.. etc.. but i it was a join mission then it could have had some mixed crew. but normally only the USMC, Navy, and Airforce use Pavelows. in the US that is.

the army uses the ch-47 as it's heavy lift helo.. thoser the pavelow can still lift more. wich is the main reason the IAF went with the pavelow rather then the chinook..

The Army doesn't use them for sure. Like calmterror said it's the Navy, Marines, and Air Force that use them. If it's an Air Force bird than it's going to be an Air Force crew for sure. One thing we don't do is crew other peoples aircraft.

Check out the pics. Me and my homeboy in Cali. We just landed in some farmers field next to a national forest. We were on a mission to assist local law enforcment and forest service guys look for marijuana fields in the forest.

PIC 1 I am on the left in my BDUs, he is in flight gear.

PIC 2Slingloading the goodies out from the forest. I was the lucky one who got to climb down the side of the mountain and setup the slingload . . . YIPEE!

Monty

Guest RKSL-Rock

It was a Joint Service Excercise in '94, staged from MacDill care of SOC, I found the pics...If i get my scanner working - (anyone got an XP driver for a UMAX1220s? - PM me please) - i'll post a few.

I dont have any detailed/decent external shots but I do have some of the Loadie and the interior inc cockpit and our lads getting ready to exit.

I trashed my ham string yomping around the backwoods of Florida. Not to mention the 3,000,000 mozzie bites in inexplicable places. Ah the 'joyful' memories.

Damn Batdog, I just looked at your pic on GOTF, you look like my little brother! Wierd! But he is 6'3" and 320lbs. You're not that big are you? Anyway, any news about NZXShadows Cobras or Hueys or anything?

Monty

I would love to see those pics RockofSL. I hope you can find some drivers. BTW, nice work on all of your addons so far bro!

Monty

Damn Batdog, I just looked at your pic on GOTF, you look like my little brother! Wierd! But he is 6'3" and 320lbs. You're not that big are you? Anyway, any news about NZXShadows Cobras or Hueys or anything?

Monty

LOL. Nah I'm not that big. smile_o.gif