Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

I've fallen and i can't get up!

I'm sure all of you(atleast Americans) have heard someone jokingly say the expression "I've fallen and I can't get up".

Does anyone know where this expression came from? Where it originally came from?

I am trying to find out.

ive heard of that many times, and i think it is from an old commercial from the 80s or something with an old lady with some food or something i dont know but i think its a commercial smile_o.gif

YESS, I think you are correct.

The reason I asked this is I vaguely remember from my childhood seeing a commercial where an old person was on the floor and said this.

It was about something that you wear, and when you press a button an ambulance responds.

I was/am not fully sure, the memory is faint.

But it is definitely noteworthy if a random commercial that I remember from when I was little was made famous over such a trivial comment, and I even vaguely remember it.

Anyone else know?

It came from a commercial for a medical alert system for elderly. Basically it was something they carried around their home in case they needed help. They pressed it and an "operator" would come on and they could state their problem, and the operator would send help.

It opened with an elderly lady laying on the floor saying the famous phrase and then the commercial would go into its sales pitch as to why seniors need this.

The acting and the line were so funny I guess it caught on.

yes, Akira nailed it.

AFAIK, the original actress passed away a few months ago.

anyways, too OT.

closing.