Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

How to make an animation that moves?

Greetings all! I'm hoping for a quick answer to this one, because I'm anxious to get this to work:

How can I make & config an animation that will make a soldier actually move, like in a running or walking animation?

I thought this would be simple. Here is what I did: I made an animation in OFPanim, and I used the "move" function to move the whole soldier from point A to point B over the course of the animation. In my config, I tried to base the animation off of the standard running animation, only replacing the actual animation with my own. However, when I would play the animation, the soldier would appear to move, but when he turned around, he would pivot from where he was before the animation! rock.gif

I've tried a bunch of different little things in the config (can't remember off the top of my head), but nothing seemed to work. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks a million! biggrin_o.gif

Ok, I almost answered my own question.

I made a new animation by loading a BIS animation that does move, and modifying it some. It moved just fine, without any little cpp tricks or anything. In short, the only way I can find to make moving animations, is to modify an existing BIS one.

However, now I tried making a non-moving animation, based off of the above animation. In OFP anim, the guy doesn't move at all. However, in the game, the guy's location will move, even though the actual model doesn't move. When the animation is done playing, the guys model is teleported to where the moving animation that I based this static one off of ends. rock.gif

So I think there might be some proxy that OFP anim doesn't display, which makes the model "move". Anyone know how I can make a "moving" animation STOP moving? This is really frustrating... to spend so much time getting an animation to look good in OFP anim, only to find it doesn't work like that in OFP. What I would really like is for OFP anim to have some kind of text fields, or the ability to cut and paste across different animations crazy_o.gif

Did you check the "Total Move" Values in OFPAnim?

wink_o.gif

Total Move value.... I don't think I've ever noticed that. I'll have to look into it when I get a chance. Where is it, if it isn't totally obvious?

BTW, thanks for replying, and thanks for the great utility, Dschulle biggrin_o.gif