Sign in to follow this  
Drewus

Havn't played for a year, please help me out.

Hey guys,

Well, the last time i touched OFP was around a year ago, after i got Resistance, played half way through it and then had to reformat therefore losing my progress.

So here i am a year later with all of these mods having been released. I'm new to all of this OFP mod implementation so bare with me while i potentially make a fool out of myself.

I dont play multiplayer, and i dont create my own missions or do scripting, so i'm wondering if there are any Universal type mods available where once they are installed, no matter what mission i play those mods are implemented.

One example is if i download say, a special effect explosion addon. Will those new explosions show up in every single mission i play? or do i need to go and edit the mission manually in order for those explosions to appear.

I really hate having to mess around with different missions in order to make the game look pretty. I just like downloading mods, dropping them in the appropriate folders and having those mods appear throughtout the entire game, just like what happens with the majority of mods for games.

So could someone please explain to me if mod's like these exist, and if so, where i could download them?

thanks.

Sounds like you want something like ECP, unfortunatly OFPEC's down and I cant think of any where else you can get it from. sad_o.gif

Edit: If you cant find it you can add me to MSN and I'll send it to you wink_o.gif

What is ECP exactly? Like what does it incorperate?

Also the only mod i ever originally used was Satchels Sound Addon, which i found to be incredibly well done.

Does this sound addon still exist?

I dont use MSN sorry sad_o.gif

Is there a server where you could temporarily upload it to?

Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]1. About

--------

The Enhanced OFP Configuration Project aims to increase the potential of the game through providing updated OFP game configuration files. The enhanced configuration provides special effects, and improved sound. The ECP will soon contain realistic weapons and vehicles provided in a future update.

In addition to increasing the enjoyment of the game for individuals, we aim to provide an open-source enhanced configuration for use by all mods.

The ECP adds effects to OFP without having to edit missions, these effects are fully compatible with MP and SP missions.

All effects can be turned off and on in ECP_settings.sqs to suit your needs.

The ECP contains 3 configs:

Normal config (default): No new sounds added, adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

DR config: DR sounds in wss format (reduces heavy lag caused by old DR .ogg file sounds) Adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

New DR config: Some new DR sounds in wss format (reduces heavy lag caused by old DR .ogg file sounds, reconfigured all volumes to more realistic levels) Adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

Here's the thread for ECP. Im not sure if the links will work seeing as OFPEC's down but you can give it a go. The ECP Core in the first post is an old version. I think the lastest is 1.071, not too sure though.

Try searching news sites for it if the links dont work.

OFP.info OFP Base

Hope that helps

Thanks for the links, unfortunately i cant track down 1.071

Neither of the sites have it and all OFPEC links dont work. It's a shame that site went down sad_o.gif

Is it only down temporarily or have they closed the site for good?

Should be up in a week I think

If you really want ECP, I could upload the basic 1.071 (No DR sounds) to my private folder and post a link for you. That could take a little while though, I'm not currently using my OFP computer.