Sign in to follow this  
dismas

Nvidia gf4200 dualview problem

I did a fairly simple search before posting (no flame), turned up nothing.

Recently set up the nvidia dualview feature on my Ti4200 card, using a 17" and a 15" monitor. Most of the things I do still work fine. Half-life works like it should, on the 17" monitor, but OFP refuses to use the 17" monitor and will only work if I set it to the dualview device - the 15".

Any help or suggestions BESIDES switching the plugs around would be an awesome help.

thanks in advance,

dismas

Did you enable horizontal-span, or just dualview? It has to be in horizontal-span for windows and OFP to think you have one monitor. That also means that your screen rez and refresh will be the same across both automaticly. That may end up being rather screwy on mixed sizes.

Then you'll need to add the -twomon switch to a OFP shortcut.

Thanks.

(I run a 256mb GFX5600 driving twin 19" monitors with a combined 2560x1024x32.)

It's the dual view, so I could run different frequencies and resolutions.  I wish I had monitors with the same sizes and specs...

And I don't want to "span" my ofp across the two, just play it on my primary monitor... the 17"

Doh. Um, I some how mangled mine to where screen #2 is on the left and #1 is on the right, but the machine is at home and I'm not right now.

What version of the nvidia driver are you using?

In windows, what number is the 17" identified as?

Also, in the basic display control panel, which monitor is designated the primary display screen?

I'm using 2x CTL T910 19" running at 1280x1024x32x75hz each, but the coloring is slightly different between the two. crazy_o.gif

I could do that, but then my other games would default to the wrong monitor. ;)

It looks like adding -twomon solves the problem, though.

Thanks for the help and advice.

dismas