Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Mp connection/creation probs

I'm having a weird problem with OFP at the moment.

I recently bought a copy of GOTY edition, and did a reinstall from that (my previous install was from the original OFP discs: CWC, RH & OFPR).

Anyway, it seems at the moment, I can't play multiplayer at all. When I try to connect to the internet, the list never populates, and the progress bar doesn't move at all.

Also, why I try to create a LAN game (just to try out some MP missions by myself), OFP just pauses for a minute or two, the kicks me back to the screen I just came from.

Any ideas? Is it because I've reinstalled using a different install key (GOTY). Or is more likely to be something to do with my Windows/internet setup?

A while back I took my PC to a LAN session but couldn't connect to the network successfully, which makes me think maybe it's a windows problem.

My specs are:

Windows XP prof.

OFP:GOTY

Connecting to the internet via a cable modem though my LAN port

Also running Norton system works and Zone Alarm (I've tried disabling ZA but it doesn't seem to help).

If no-one can suggest anything, my next step is a total reinstall of my PC, which would be a major pain...

You can try turning your windows xp firewall off, atleast temporarily to test (right click on my network places>properties>right click on Local area network>properties>advanced tab>click to disable firewall)

is it flashpoint only? try tweaking your firewall, and you dont need the xp firewall on if you have zonealarm...did you try with sockets and directplay?

Network drivers? have a shot at fresh install of them.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but no luck.

Oh well, I've got a lot of junk on my HDD anyways, time for a fresj install...