Sign in to follow this  
MoatnGator2

Wait a second.....

I am no scripter...maybe I should learn but I have no time. I saw the parachute under air items. I thought cool..airborne troops. I place them on the map but they start off on the ground. I want them to start off in the air.

Do I have to load them on a helo and then have them jump out?

I'd like to just have them start off on the way down.

Any help is appreciated...

I'm a pure amateur in mission editing, but I think that the "special" option set to "flying", in the unit options, is what you are looking for...

If anyone knows better, please correct me.

AvonLady - this is a thread were I expected a "read the FAQ" post wink.gif

(Edited by BravoYankee4 at 11:57 pm on Nov. 21, 2001)

you are correct bravo yankee, just select flying from the special menu and it will start in the air, to get the special menu you first have to change the editer into advanced mode by clicking in the top right on "easy" and it will change to "advanced"

I think you must group them (each one´s init field: Alpha=GroupThis (or Bravo= - Charlie= e.t.c.), then tell their leader to give the eject command if you are not the leader. Don´t remember how to do it, am new at this myself.

Try http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com - I believe you will find the answer there (somewhere)

Hidden

nope wink.gif if u set the parachute to "flying" as i described then it will start in the air with the chute open

You guys are truly awesome. I appreciate the fact of all those who resisted the urge to tell me to go to a search function.

Many thanks for the great follow ups. I think this should resolve my A-10 problem of it starting off in the woods.

Having hunting fellas....