Sign in to follow this  
David Shipley

.config file: officers wearing helmets?

A friend of mine told me it's possible to edit the .config file in OFP so all officers wear helmets, instead of those stupid-lookin' caps -- which would be more realistic, anyway. Is that really true? If it is, I'd LOVE IT if someone could put up a downloadable .config file set that way. Wouldn't you?

Officers wearing nylon caps, instead of kevlar helmets, gives me a feeling of peace time, if you ask me. For true realism, everybody gets kevlar to shield their head from shrapnel!

Maybe someone could send me a reconfigured .config file? I run OFP: Resistance with the latest official patch (1.91). Please send it here: davidshipley@planetavp.com.

Of course, something for everyone to download would be better. ;-)

I don't see how tho? Bis models don't have hidden selections for the helmets right? Only the medic armband that I know.

I don't see how this would be possible by changing the config,could base off helmet wearing soldier class maybe,but that doesn't just put the helmet on a officer

Well, all I know is that it has been done before -- a friend of mine did it for me years ago, but now he's long gone.

Even the General in the single-player game wore a helmet, then. :-P

Anybody here know how to do the same? Going into battle with a cap sucks!

maybe a change in the config.cpp to make all officer models SOLDIER models instead? wink_o.gif

Yeah, maybe that's it. Is there anyone here who can do that and put it up for download - or send it to me?

The guy who made that realistic "Satchel Sound Pack" used to be able to do it. Certainly there's someone else who can?

And it probably doesn't help that I'm using the .config file provided by Satchel's sound mod? I think it's version 1.90 for Resistance.

well i replaced all East and West models using the config.bin, i retextured Suchey's Marines to Army colours and retextured ORCS (laser's infantry) to black berets for the officer.

I'll post pics when i bothered and note I've got permission to release Suchey's Marines in US Army colours, i've reconfiged them so they represent modern infantry also note I will release a config.bin so they turn up as default troops in OFP and the day officer will have a patrol cap (becuase I think they look awsome) and the night officer has a helmet (becuase i one of suchey's soldier's model's [i think its the auto riflemen] has a place where you can attach NV goggles on yout helmet hence its logical to use it der!!).

Anyway I'm trying to find a good model to use to replace the resistance trooper any suggestions.

Anyway David i will find out your request but the catch is you have to have INQ's weapon becase I have that config.bin already converted to config.cpp.

PS I've also retextured the Force Recon to replace the Snipers and Sabatures

from memory

Force Recon Assault replaces Sab Day

Force Recon Patrol replaces Sab Night &

Force recon Night replaces the Sniper

coporal_punishment,

Sounds great! Thank you so much. I'll be more than happy to change to INQ's (?) to have that officer's helmet. Yummy!

Could you give me a link to where I can download the file?

I don't suppose I could just send you my .config file, so you could quickly change officer/cap to officer/helmet? (davidshipley@planetavp.com)

Anyway, thanks again. The next time you'll see me, you'll see an OFP soldier running after a tank -- knowing in safety his kevlar helmet will protect him from any 120mm tank shell.

C_P, that is very good news. smile_o.gif

Is it much work to make weaponsights from MAP replace the default once instead of INQ's?