Sign in to follow this  
-WKK--SkyQuake

My old cd has given up :(

After a reistallation of windows this weekend - the time has come to install OFP again.

Its my good old cd since release, so first I have to install cold war crisis and then Resistance. + latest patches.

Problem. After 10+ attempts to install cold war crisis the installer just gives up on the voice.pbo and exits. The CD got quite some marks, but nothing i havent seen before. Ive cleaned it and even tried my cd-burner who ussually reads every thing given enough time. But no luck sad_o.gif

Any workarounds? Wuld like to keep my old ID and not make the resistance-cd tottaly obsolete.

SQ

I think you can request a new CD from Codemasters, but buying a new one somewhere will probably turn out to be cheaper wink_o.gif

If I'm right, you will still be able to use your old key and thus keep your old ID.

Can anyone confirm this?

Can my old installation access code (serial) from Cold War Crisis work on OFP GOTY-edition?

And is the ID bound to the code/serial or to the cd/copy? Because i have acces to multiple GOTY-editions. Just dont wanna use another persons ID.

-SkyQuake @ Feb. 17 2004,21:12)]And is the ID bound to the code/serial or to the cd/copy? Because i have acces to multiple GOTY-editions. Just dont wanna use another persons ID.

The ID is bound to the serial in your booklet (the OFP serial in fact, not the Resistance one). It has no relation to your CD.

Well I installed it from a friends cd with my own key. So it works smile_o.gif

Maybe BIS shuld add this on their games:

"Deteriorates with heavy use" tounge_o.gif

SQ

Hi,

you should look after something like a break for your CD-Drive. I got a program, but I'm german, so it'll be a bit difficult to use for you. Just go to google and look for "CD-Bremse". With that prog you can slow down the speed of your drive. I got the same problem with my CD, and if I slowed down the speed to 12 or 16, it worked smile_o.gif

I have GOTY and normal OFP and Res addon, mine is the other way around,my newer copy of GOTY is damaged.

I couldn't install the Ofp and Res using the GOTY cd key I had to use the cd key accordingly

My original is mint condition because I made an image when I first got it.

And btw those of you buying Goty to eliminate the cd shuffling,my GOTY is 3 cds so I gained a cd instead : )