Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

The most realistic ofp experience ever!!!

Do you all actually -hear- the shouting? All I get is a subtitle "ON ME" or something. I thought that's how it was supposed to be, so reading this thread confuses me. crazy_o.gif

Anyway, fun mission though I didn't finish it. Engaged 2 or 3 VC patrols in the AO, took them all out without any casualties. Then suddenly we were ambushed by the primary VC squad and took heavy losses. Not sure how many of my guys made it out of there but I only saw my RTO afterwards.

We survived because I Rambo'd the VC. Not entirely sure how I survived since I practically took out the entire squad on my own and at close quarters. I just attacked their position, shooting and throwing grenades, they started to return fire but I killed them first, ran up, saw their officer maybe 10 meters away facing another direction, shot him in the back, the RTO a little ways away turned to fire at me, I ducked down and blasted him full auto (he got some shots off that missed). I saw one of the Charlie's running away, chased and gunned him down. So, yea. That was pretty much the coolest thing I've ever done in 2 years of OpFlash.

Anyway, my squad must've been wiped out but I only found 4 bodies. Couldn't find anyone else though, and I had no idea where they were. When I tried to select Fireteam 2 & 3 there was no target cone, but I got one when I selected Fireteam 1. They were like 500 meters away. I went over there, found nobody.

Seeing as how it was just me and the RTO I doubted our capability to attack the VC village single handed so I RTB'd.

Do you all actually -hear- the shouting?

Yep

Nice little story there, this is without a doubt the best mission I've played since I played the OFP demo biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, my squad must've been wiped out but I only found 4 bodies. Couldn't find anyone else though, and I had no idea where they were.

Did you try calling a rally? I think people can hear you shouting within 100 meters or something? If only your RTO shows up but nothing happens there's still people around somewhere...

NEW VERSION UPLOADED!

There is a NEW ADDON required. Also, you will need to update your version of the handsignals addon. Check the first post for more details.

This mission is now considered "finished", so I'm going to start working on the campaign now. Any comments are still welcome. I'll be on vacation for the next week and a half though, so I won't be able to get back to you until then.