Sign in to follow this  
Tor

1.30 AI SUCK, please make a new patch!!

The AI is much better in 1.20. I have reinstalled 1.20 but I would like to be able to use the new addons such as the Winter Kolgujev and weapons pack. Also I would like tracers.

If anyone else is unsatisfied with playing against Rambo-AI that can spot you through bushes from 500 meters away in heavy battle, with dusins of men running around, and yet they all pick you although lying prone in a bush mad.gif .....then post a reply, otherwise don't bother!!

I think AI in 1.30 is a lot better than in the 1.20 version...

The bush thing never happened to me in the 1.30 version...

Didn't encounter the eagle eye enemies in 1.30.....

And besides, BI will make a new patch. Just give them some time. Maruk have posted that it will be out in the first half of December. Do you think they spew patches? wink.gif

No need to sign any petition.....

I don't know about that whole eagle-eye thing.  I noticed that in 1.29, but haven't in 1.30.  Has anyone else noticed that the AI is more "lively" in this patch?  In 1.00 or 1.20 (don't remember) you could put an enemy AI squad down and dance in front of them all day without a reaction.  Now in 1.30 if they hear you shoot somewhere they will actually come looking for you without a bunch of scripts driving them.  Anyway, even if they make the AI behave better with bushes, I hope they don't make them stupid again!

(Edited by zovirl at 8:51 pm on Nov. 26, 2001)

The AI has always been maybe the single complaint of mine. The other is MP which is okay but can be much better.

As long as I know they are working on it I am happy biggrin.gif

No problems with the AI here.

In fact, since installing 1.30 I've noticed that once I go behind a bush out of sight, the enemy actually stops firing at me, which they did not do in earlier versions.

I think learning how to use cover properly will do you more good than whining to BIS.

I didn't know BIS would make a new patch. I recall to have read that 1.30 was the final patch, but I'm glad they changed their mind.

For those who haven't experienced the Rambo/God/All seeing AI, try the mission that was also in the demo, Ambush (rename demo1.demo.pbo to demo1.abel.pbo and it will work in the real game).

Completely impossible in 1.30!! When moving downhill from the group of houses west Houdan, towards Houdan - ALL you team members get shot (if you are lucky enough not to be shot first). There is a machine gunner lying north of the east-west road, just outside Houdan. He will be able to spot you even if lying prone in a bush 3-400 meters away. That is NOT realistic at all. If you are stupid enough to shoot at someone south of the e-w road (2-300 meters south of the infamous machinegunner), he will immidiately know your position too.

BIS wrote in the betatest forum that it is because the AI share target information. So when you shoot at a guy, those several hundred meters away will know your position too, even those that can't see you!! I don't know if it was like that in 1.20 but the effect didn't have as much impact as in 1.30.

I'm sticking with 1.20 for now, that's for sure.

lol it was funny the firs time i died cuz of supermen AI. then it wasn't haha.

you know when u die it shows u who killed you and zooms out and pans over. it was funny some d*amn spetznatz shot me while i was prone in a bush from a area north of me thru trees another bush through a tank up and over a moutain. through several towns past the airport, pass the ocean. The spetsnatz was sitting in Russia reading his newspaper. grrrr...... but yeah they do have good vison and aim.

They can only see you if you can see them.  Line of sight goes both ways. Unless, of course, they saw you jump behind a bush.  

I have played all of the missions and have never seen anything contrary to this.

(Edited by 762WorldOrder at 12:14 am on Nov. 27, 2001)

Then you haven't seen it all.

BIS has admitted in the beta forum that AI can see you through bushes.

E.g. you shoot at a soldier that can see you. Fair enough he sees you too. But then he relays his information about where you are to every other AI soldiers, including those that cant see you. If you then kill the soldier that saw you, the others will kill you by shooting through bushes even if they can't actually see you and infact never did see you.

I haven't noticed that the AI can fire through bushes yet. The AI seems better overall in 1.30, though.

Stop whinig. You pussy. v1.30 A.I is the best A.i in the rold right now. I have no problem with A.I. i love 1.30 A.I. it's more like real people, now. Otherwise. When enemy soldier detect me, he fire at me. And he's the only one who's fireing. Other are running or lieing. I completed all campign again in v1.30, all SP mission, all MP missions, everything. No problems with A.I. I will never go back to v1.20. Never.

Good for you. You obviously missed the point though...