Sign in to follow this  
robarinodk

VIA KT133 Ruined this gaming exsperience for me!

Who can i blame??

Game developers for not releasing a compatible patch or board developers for not really helping fix the problem?

Yeah and the D3843 J3478 ruined my game!

That stupid DKJ28837 and JKLWI99928!!

I have an ECS K7VZA motherboard with a VIA KT133A chipset, and it runs fine for me. I used to have problems that I blamed on the chipset for the longest time, then I found out it was bad RAM.

Make sure you download the newest 4 in 1 drivers. I personally can't use the IDE part of the drivers, they cause my CD-ROM to stop working. Use only which ones work for you. DirectX 8.1, latest vid card drivers, etc.

Also, make sure 4x AGP is selected in your BIOS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from robarinodk on 5:24 am on Dec. 1, 2001

Who can i blame??<span id='postcolor'>Well, you certainly can't blame the game developers (if it is indeed a hardware problem). It would be impossible to create workarounds for every hardware combination.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from robarinodk on 7:24 am on Dec. 1, 2001

Who can i blame??

Game developers for not releasing a compatible patch or board developers for not really helping fix the problem?

<span id='postcolor'>

1.) This post belongs to the troubleshooting forum.

2.) What is your actual problem?

3.) I have an MSI K7T-Pro (VIA KT-133) and no issues at all with anything.

4.) Visit your mobo manufacturer for BIOS updates

5.) Install VIA 4in1 ver. 4.35 + 4.10 VIA AGP driver update.

6.) take into account that you could be the one responsible for your Problems with OFP, by having messed up or misconfigured your system.

It´s also possible that your comp has been assembled by semi-pro´s, putting in Peripherie that conflicts with other devices. Some Hardware parts of your system could be defective, such as RAM, Mobo etc.

7) Until you havn´t located the cause, you can´t blame anyone.

8) Have a nice day.