Sign in to follow this  
Thundercok

TURNING OFF VOICE INCOMING

Ok, I can turn off my voice being transmitted, but how in the #### do I turn off all the idiots I don't want to hear?

I have tried everything I can think of, and tested on LAN, but I have no answer.

Gee, I would think they would make sure you could cut off hearing others chat, but no matter what you do, if they are transmitting, you are hearing it. I have tried global on and off, side, vehicle, group etc and on and on.

On a related note, why not allow the server to set no voice? I guarantee a lot of bandwith is being wasted in big games.

Well i give you a good trick, install Roger Wilco and turn it on before starting a game it will take the SPEAK channel and you wont have that used by idiots, but remeber NOT to join any channel HEHE !God luck.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Thundercok on 10:47 am on Nov. 13, 2001

...On a related note, why not allow the server to set no voice?  I guarantee a lot of bandwith is being wasted in big games.

<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly! I was asking for the same thing - this needs to be included as an option!

BIS?

Yeah i wouldn;t mind turning it off either. I was playing the other day and some guy just had his mike on all the time with his baby crying in the background really loud and it was so annoying, most ppl left after a few minutes of that.

I am amazed by how much they put in this game, so I don't want to b*tch too much about what they left out, but there has got to be an addition to shut off incoming voice.

I do not want to hear you or you or especially YOU!

On a related note, when I play with my bro's, we run voice all the time, but it works for that.

I do not want to converse with knobs I do not know when I just want to game.