Sign in to follow this  
TFR RLTW

BLACK HAWK DOWN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from residuum on 9:32 am on Dec. 1, 2001

I saw it today as well.  Great movie.  Best of the year maybe.  Plus, the scenery looks like OFP.  

<span id='postcolor'>

Oh you have to wait a year till we Europeans can respond to that, that is what it takes to synchronise and promote the film (even if there is only BUM BAENG to synchronise).

From what I have heard it is a pure Pro-war film

i haven't seen it yet, latest movie i saw was swordfish, and it was incredibly good, the first scene where the bombs go off is amazing, you see these people blow up, they have bombs strapped to them, and containers full of ball bearings. they explode and it go around them showing all the destruction (police are surrounding them). amazin, and you see halle berry's titties smile.gif

i haven't seen it yet, latest movie i saw was swordfish, and it was incredibly good, the first scene where the bombs go off is amazing, you see these people blow up, they have bombs strapped to them, and containers full of ball bearings. they explode and it go around them showing all the destruction (police are surrounding them). amazin, and you see halle berry's titties smile.gif john travlota and the other main character (one who palyed wolverine in x-men) are getting chased by jeeps in a TVR speed, and its a wicked chase, but john travolta get's out and get a SAW out, and blow up the jeeps, then they drive away, and while they're bombing through packed streets, travolta starts shooting up the jeeps again and they explode.

very, very, very good film. travolta is like he was in face off when he played caster troy - stupendously stylish and cool.

My vote is as follows:

1. Platoon(Most Realistic Nam movie)

2. Saving Private Ryine(Most Realistic WWII Movie)

3. Full Metal Jacket(Nice integrated training/street fighting)

4. Appocalypse Now(Twisted Movie-Cambodia and coastline fights were awsome.)

5. Hamburger Hill(Just plain descriptive/graphic)

No vote but worth the mention:

Band of Brothers episodes (Not really a movie but darn good scenes of what it was like to parachute from a plane with flak coming at ya)

No Ruskie, you did f**k up your beach landings smile.gif

Sending the Aussies to Anzac Cove to get slaughtered so that the Poms could walk onto the shores of Turkey without any resistance was one example.

I have nothing personally against the British, but you blow when it comes to having a gunfight.

Additional war movies to see if you haven't already:

A Bridge Too Far

The Great Escape

The Guns of Navarone

Force 10 From Navarone

Platoon

Where Eagles Dare

Kelly's Heroes (yes, I know hippies in WW2.. but its still funny, to me at least)

Patton

Das Boot (Jürgen Prochnow is cool)

Dirty Dozen

The Bridge at Remagen

The Bridge on the River Kwai

The Longest Day

Von Ryan's Express

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Drewus on 12:43 am on Dec. 2, 2001

Sending the Aussies to Anzac Cove to get slaughtered so that the Poms could walk onto the shores of Turkey without any resistance was one example.

I have nothing personally against the British, but you blow when it comes to having a gunfight.

<span id='postcolor'>

at least we hit the right stretch of beach.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Drewus on 12:43 am on Dec. 2, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

at least we hit the right stretch of beach. most of british military history has us kicking ass in firefights, from arrows to muskets to assault rifles

<span id='postcolor'>

at least we hit the right stretch of beach. most of british military history has us kicking ass in firefights, from arrows to muskets to cannons to assault rifles. american (i assume your american) is far less impressive when it comes to firefights.

1. Zulu

2. Great Escape

3. Longest Day

4. Apocalypse Now

5. Bridge over the River Kwai

I presume you mean 'Black Hawk Down', not Zulu.

'Don't throw those bloody spears at me!'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Ruskie on 6:52 pm on Dec. 1, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

at least we hit the right stretch of beach. most of british military history has us kicking ass in firefights, from arrows to muskets to cannons to assault rifles. american (i assume your american) is far less impressive when it comes to firefights.

<span id='postcolor'>

Except when you throw a small band of farmers and militia at your "superb" army, I believe it was called teh American Revolution wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Ruskie on 6:52 pm on Dec. 1, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

Except when you throw a small band of farmers and militia at your "superb" army, I believe it was called teh American Revolution wink.gif

ZBUMP, I want ruskie to see how big a fool he is, I have nothing against UK, but they arent s**t military wise compared to teh U.S. Their special Forces may be close, but thats only because they train teh same.

our special forces are better. most of your special forces only began because of ex-sas guys who got exchanged to the US army (like the delta force).

and i believe we kicked your ass in the american revolution until the french bailed you out of it. if it weren't for them you would've been slaughtered completly.

(Edited by Ruskie at 12:24 am on Dec. 3, 2001)

no, american history is boring, i'd prefer something with much more fighting (like ahem, british history, or pretty much any other countries history)

It makes me laugh how many people are anti-American, shows how ignorrant most if your country men are, most Americans arent Anti-any country. But since seeing losers such as yourself think your country is soooo great, it makes me take pride in my country, b/c I know there is no other AMERICA, unlike the whole Euopean nation, they are all ALIKE. Oh well, alot of you waste yoo much of your time worrying about why the U.S> does this and that, but in teh end your own country is f**king you behind your back, but your to d*amn worried about what us americans are doing. Oh well it feels good to see so many countries are worried about what us GOOD OL YANKS are doing.

i'm not anti american, i started dissing them because another american says we british suck in firefights, other than that i said saving private ryan is ''america are all hero's, everyone else sucks'' propaganda, which it is

do you realise that people like you are the exact reason there are so many anti american people, you use any excuse to put down other countries and make your own seem like the best....

(Edited by Ruskie at 12:35 am on Dec. 3, 2001)

LMAO, OMFG......whatever Im not getting into with you, We can pla this blame game all day, like its your fault I say bad things about your country, b/c you tlak bad about mine then that gives me reason to talk bad about yours. What am I supposed to sit here and listen toy you throw out anti-american Bulls**t, f**k u Ruskie...how old are you again 13 or was it 15?

Hmmm. You are (Mr Wisdom) accusing Europe of a homogeneity to a greater degree than the USA? I was born in the UK and have visited most of Europe's countries (and a few outside although I admit that I have not ventured across the pond yet) before settling in Budapest. I think you will find (have you been here?), that there are considerable differences between the nations (and even within nations).