Sign in to follow this  
Chomps

When will the Gold Edition be released in the US?

I've been meaning to get this game for a long time, and since I've waited this long, I was wondering when this new gold edition will be out in the US. I know the original game is out here, and the upgrade is scheduled for release at around the 15th of the month, but when will the bundle with the original game, upgrades, red hammer and strategy guide be out in US?

Its not out in the US? I saw it in the stores(i live in Europe) a few days ago.

Yeah, the European releases of this game come before the US and Canada releases. I'm wondering if I should wait or will it be like another half year or whatever.

But you can download the weapons and all from the site here, the only thing you can't download is the Soviet campaign.

So the only thing the gold edition has over the regular edition is the single player campaign expansion and strategy guide?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Chomps on 12:02 am on Dec. 4, 2001

So the only thing the gold edition has over the regular edition is the single player campaign expansion and strategy guide?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes just 20 missions you get extra.

Rest is downloadable.

I don't know anything about that Strategy guide you are talkin' about.

It contains:

- Operation Flashpoint full game, upgraded to V1.3

- Red Hammer: The Soviet Campaign (20 new plot linked missions)

- 64-page Prima Strategy Guide focussing on the original game

I got that from Blue's News. It also gives the European release date, which, as you can imagine doesn't help me much.

I think the strategy guide is something new.

So if you want it maybe its best you wait a bit.

But i don't know the releasedate in the US. I'll see if i can find it somewhere.

Thanks, for the info, Nocturnal... but I'm confused by this... CompuExpert is selling it already, apparently... maybe they got a special shipment or something...

Well, I'll try ordering it from them and hope they send me the right thing.