Sign in to follow this  
fixOPFsoundsplease

Return Fire 2

[-**-] This is interesting because it was like OFP with its vehicles, very old it is.  Actually it was released in September 1998, when OFP was already into its developement.[- **-]

Be advised that we are  currently in a state of national emergency.  You are hereby under  direct  command  to  prepare  for  active  duty.  Intelligence reports indicate  that groups of up to 16 different enemy  strike teams have mobilized  themselves and  are preparing  an assault on  headquarters.  They will attack you in the air, by land, and by  sea, via the Internet or direct game  station linkup.  Your  mission: Infiltrate your  enemy's bases, locate the hidden flag, and return to your base unharmed.

The Defense Administration has assembled all new  vehicles for your command, including helicopters, jeeps, tanks, aircraft carriers, boats and jets.  You may operate your vehicles and command your forces from either a first-person immersive point of view or the more strategic chase view.

Vast  new  terrains and  landscapes are yours  to master, including  jungle, desert, urban settings and more. During your campaigns, you will be expected to acquire and  deploy a staggering arsenal of weapons, including mines and missiles, and you will  encounter more than 50 new maps to  challenge you in the most intense combat experience ever.

We  fully anticipate your  performance in the field to match  the reputation that  precedes you.  A new advanced  A.I. computer will play against  you to hone your skills and develop your war campaigns.

Heh, I remember playing the original Return Fire on the 3DO system back in like '93 or '94. I thought it was a really cool game, especially for the time.

I got an abandonware version of RF2, bit I think it's DOS only, and I haven't tried to run it yet...

Yeah AW, I would like a copy of X-Com 2 (UFO, Terror From The Deep). AW-RF2 was in the old 1.44 disks and was released by Class (ahem.)

And RF2 ran 'OK' with windows 98 (now it will with ME/XP)

I don't think it was DOS only.

I have Return Fire and Return Fire 2... I have to say though that although number one kicked ass, 2 SUCKED....

It was the crappiest sequel I have ever had the mis-opportunity to play.

OK cool, I have a spare Win98 box, so I'll try it on that.

And I hope it's not that bad, although I'm sure with OFP around I won't want to waste valuable OFP time by playing RF2. smile.gif

OK cool, I have a spare Win98 box, so I'll try it on that.

And I hope it's not that bad, although I'm sure with OFP around I won't want to waste valuable OFP time by playing RF2. smile.gif