Sign in to follow this  
Olasnah

HELP

I just purchased this game, and I am confused by the various 'upgrades' and add-ons. Which ones are necessary to fix known problems, and which add-ons are considered the best and/or should be downloaded by everyone? Every website I've seen for this game is organized in a very confusing manner, so I'm having a hard time knowing what is what

If my FAQ is confusing you, email me with what's confusing you and I'll see if I can improve things.

Did you just purchase OFP Gold version 1.30? If so, that's the latest version and includes all the official upgrades and addons that are already out.

If you purchased the US version 1.20, you need to download and install OFP Ultimate Upgrade 3 to upgrade to 1.30, which includes all official addons.

If you purchased the original international version 1.00, you will you need to download and install both OFP Ultimate Upgrade 2 to upgrade first to version 1.20 and then install Ultimate Upgrade 3 to upgrade to 1.30.

It's recommended that you download from officially approved links on BIS's download page.

(Edited by theavonlady at 5:44 pm on Dec. 5, 2001)

I just want to add that the new OFP Gold and Gold Upgrades also include the new Soviet-side Red Hammer campaign, which is not available for free.