Sign in to follow this  
Konyak

Horn in MP

This is a silly bug, and should be easy to fix. In MP, if you have a vehicle equipped with a horn, press left mouse button to activate, other people will not hear it. Even if they are sitting in the passenger seat, or right in front of the bumper.

Important? Well, I have actually needed to honk at teammates that stand in the middle of the road when I need to get by, so yeah smile.gif

Konyak

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Konyak on 7:58 pm on Dec. 9, 2001

This is a silly bug, and should be easy to fix.  In MP, if you have a vehicle equipped with a horn, press left mouse button to activate, other people will not hear it.  Even if they are sitting in the passenger seat, or right in front of the bumper.  

Important?  Well, I have actually needed to honk at teammates that stand in the middle of the road when I need to get by, so yeah smile.gif

Konyak

<span id='postcolor'>

Why don't you just drive around them or run them down.

You are missing the point. Why have a horn that nobody can hear? Besides, I play the game as I do things IRL, and in IRL I don't run people over that I consider my teammates smile.gif It quickly degrades the game to a "what'choo do that fo foo? He TK´d me!" Then.. BANG!! "that was for running me over back then!" .. and so on. smile.gif

Konyak

i can see how the horn can be amusing in mp (for that last minute turn around to see whats going on then smack kind of thing :biggrin: )so its probably a good thing to fix it. i don't play mp opf though so i don't know if mp is good enough to improve this over the other problems mp has (or so i've heard)

Yeah, I just noticed that problem last night too. It would also be good if you could hold the horn down too (currently, it is just one short beep even if you hold down the button).

They have the full-auto shooting sound that can loop and be heard by everyone. Perhaps they could use the same method for the horn?