Sign in to follow this  
Breaker

askin for another improvement

The only thing missing in this game is the ability to tell your soldiers to fire targetin just an area, without aiming any target. It could be useful for tank and infantry platoons in order to cover certain area and avoid enemy to move out. It could be useful for machinegunners too, you could order them to fire while you advance also if they dont' see any valid target.

Also smoke launchers on tanks could be quite useful

I foresee three problems when firing into an area. One, AI soldiers will happily run into a stream of hot lead, and in my experience I see little or no suppression unless you're concentrating fire on one AI unit. Two, the ammo loadouts of soldiers, especially machine gunners, is too low to allow continued suppressive fire. Three, whenever a soldier fires his weapon he is holding up a pretty large "shoot me" sign.

Smoke launchers on tanks would be nice, and I can't imagine it being too hard to implement. A couple of smoke shells popped automatically whenever a tank takes serious hits, and you're set.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from BIN LADEN on 7:42 am on Dec. 15, 2001

Its in the sig

The one thing this game need's is realism HAHA <span id='postcolor'>

the only thing you need is a working brain. OFP is as real as it gets.