Sign in to follow this  
CanisDEK

I want an OFP MP add-on and I\'ll PAY for it!

The reason people are so pessimistic is that alot of potential has been wasted. OFP could be THE online Mapping Tool"l FPS or warsim. It is not however mainly because of design faults and a netcode that just isn't good enough to support the amount of players this game really needs to be great. The game wasn't designed for MP. This was added (because CM said it had to I think) for the American release as online play is much bigger there than in Europe. If MP was meant to be in the game they would have designed the game very differently.

1. Mission files set the parameters for MP, so join in progress is impossible to implement

2. When you respawn it is always with the standard weapon.

3. Alot of MP features was added after release... the game wasn't a finished product when released. The MP functionality was added for marketing reasons.

Some company should use the OFP engine to make a great online FPS if BIS don't want to do so themselves. If BIS decided to release a MP add-on that would add Join in Progress, great netcode that could support as many players as Tribes2 I would PAY for it (Tribes 2 might be very different from OFP, but it also has machine guns and other weapons with projectiles going everywhere, vehicles that can shoot and hold up to 8 people... yet the game has no problems with 100+ players).

I would PAY for this add-on because OFP has a great potential. After all BIS can't do it for free, and shouldn't. They made an error when designing the MP functionality, but we need to give them some money so they can and want to release such an add-on. Lots of people will scream bloody murder I guess... but wake up... it is the only way we can get the game we want.