Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

I move to urge Codemasters and BIS to add the Barret 50 cal

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">weapons werent meant for accuracy, although they got the job done perfectly well<span id='postcolor'>

Which is wrong, the Garand and M14 were ment for accuracy.

I agree that a supressed sniper rifle with a good range would be nice! What misses to the M21 is that it isn't supressed!!! You shoot nd everyone turn back to you and fire!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ScreamingWithNoSound on 1:33 am on Dec. 17, 2001

M14 is technically a battle rifle.

Why was the M249 mentioned? This was not introduced until the very late 80's/early 90's - a full 2 decades after the M14 was withdrawn from service and over 3 decades after the BAR was withdrawn.

One reason the bad guys don't die with one hit to the chest, is because if THEY die with one hit YOU die with one hit!

Simple.

If you're having problems making 1 hit 1 kill, you need more practice.

I think people that desperately want 'better' snipper rifles are just beardy puffs that are scared to run at the enemy screaming "Die Bastard! DIE!" because they may get killed.

It's a game. Play it like one. You wanna make beardy sniper shots, play UT.

OFPs strength is that it's a squad-based grunt game. None of this "one man army" s**t that just doesn't happen in real life. (NO, it doesn't - look at the Gulf, the SAS were deployed in 8 man teams). THAT's what's good about OFP as someone else pointed out on a similar thread - the M21 is not there for true snipers, it's there to give a squad extended reach on the battlefield.

Snipers are just boring, cause all they do is find a hole and lay there. Yawn. I played this all-sniper mp game once, it was interesting, but <I> won the game, because <I> was not a beardy-boring sniper git, I ran upto people and got stuck in. (with an M21)

It's not what you've got, it's how you use it.

<span id='postcolor'>

Well isnt this just Biased beyond beleif. that may be how you play, but it isnt how i play. get used to the fact that not everyone is like you. in fact, quite the opposite.

And hammer, your just twisting my words. By accuracy i meant Fit to snipe with. the garand is no more a sniping weapon than the M-14 was.

Does anyone even ive a S@#T about the originonal purpose of this thread anymore?

I am not twisting your words, I am going on what you typed.

in the future I suggest you word your sentences better.

I'll say it again. does anyone care about the origional purpose of the thread or not?

(Edited by Aculaud at 6:47 am on Dec. 17, 2001)

I want a flamethrower instead because i have a fetish for burning corpses, yummy.