Sign in to follow this  
vasgork

Configuring 1.91 stand alone server.

Hi.

Is there a way to configure ofp 1.91 server so that it will only allow players with patch 1.91 to connect to the server? Also how to make server kick off players that have modified config or data files, and players with too high pings?

Tnx.

tounge_o.gif

1.92 server will only accept connections from 1.92 clients.

Linux server will log connections, so you could write a script that parses the logfile for older versions and and warnings about modified files and adds the player ids to your banfile.

But you can't do much about the pings i guess.

Well, maybe you could write a script that checks for connections to your serverport (maybe with netstat or /proc/net/ip_conntrack, but i am not sure if this will work for udp "connections"), pings those ips, and blocks those with too high pings for a period of time using iptables.

Modified config and data files are known to give false postives so i do not think i would ban or kick for those. linux servers give consisently false modified config.bin and resource.bin messages. data files come up false for many people that have addons in res/addons folder and sometimes even without any addons at all. file check is only reliable if all clients connect with 0 extra addons or with addons that client knows do not cause him or her a problem. even then i get false data.pbo messages sometimes.

I had checkfiles running on my linux servers for the last one or two weeks and got no false positives so far afaik. Only few people got modified messages, it were always the same messages for the same players and they confirmed in teamspeak that they had modified those files (stringtable, config.bin, data3d). I checked for ALL files in the resistance folder except for res/dta/data.pbo, res/addons/noe.pbo, res/addons/o.pbo and res/addons/o_wp.pbo.

Two of those (noe.pbo and o_wp.pbo) are different for different language versions. Checking for o.pbo returned a modified warning on nearly ALL clients, i guess there is a bug in the checking routine which may be related to the size of that file, the time it takes to compute the crc or some network timeout. I can't recall atm why i took data.pbo out of the checks, maybe it was from the time when i was running the minimal (=changed) data.pbo on the server.

Two of those (noe.pbo and o_wp.pbo) are different for different language versions. Checking for o.pbo returned a modified warning on nearly ALL clients,

So far i have not found any files that are different for different language versions in 1.91. There are results posted in here for US, UK, German, Dutch, and all have the same values.

for some reason noe.pbo, o.pbo, and the datas are a problem.

the config and resource .bins i don't know about, i rarely get one of those on our windows server but one night i was playing on a linux server and everyone was getting those two.

Have u been checking the addons too? i got alot of messages with those. watch it for a while longer and look through the whole game console log.

Two of those (noe.pbo and o_wp.pbo) are different for different language versions. Checking for o.pbo returned a modified warning on nearly ALL clients,

So far i have not found any files that are different for different language versions in 1.91. There are results posted in here for US, UK, German, Dutch, and all have the same values.

Look here.

Quote[/b] ]Have u been checking the addons too? i got alot of messages with those. watch it for a while longer and look through the whole game console log.

As i said: EVERYTHING in the res folder, res/addons too. Checking for file in ofp/addons is pointless, as they are not used in resistance anyway. Except for inofficial addons put there, which you shouldn't do anyway ;)