Sign in to follow this  
Elminster

Red hammer

Hi everyone, I'm new, though I have read some of your posts before ( thanks for the mission help! ).

I have a question about the Red Hammer campaign.

I have finished both OFP and Resistance, without any cheats, it was much fun, and now I am buisy with Red Hammer.

Now-things seem to have changed a little. After many, many tries and with some valuable tips I found in this forum I have beaten the mission where an insane Lukin jumps into a T72 to fight six enemy tanks and I wonder - is it going to stay like that? Was this mission just an exception or does Lukin continue to rambo?

After what I read in the forums RH seems to have some other very tough missions, but what about the majority?

I really enjoyed OFP and Res., but they seem to be much easier ( and much more tactical ) than RH.

Is it still fun to play RH or is it like 1000 tries for every mission until I am lucky enough to survive it?

Yes, you will go Rambo a few more times in the campaign, but (Not to spoil anything), there will a horribly difficult mission later in the campaign. It's called Rage, a very appropriate name for the emotion I felt after 1000 retries of a mission that nearly made me put a bat into my monitor.

Fortunately, in most of the missions you will have a squad of sorts.

Red hammer wasnt made by BIS, Codemasters made it and i think you notice that it lacks a bit quality, however its still great but doesnt reach the CWC or resistance quality level in any way... i wish BIS would made another addon with a high quality east campaign, RHS offers the tanks for it, lol

About the story, well Dmitri is a Spetsnaz, and the spetsnaz are trained with every rifle and learn to drive and fly many vehicles also foreign stuff so he cna act a bit rambo like.

In RH thinks get fucked and Dmitri has to organize the retreat all alone, later gets hispromotion to be Spetsnaz again and at the end he notices what the insane guba really plans and joins the resistance but only till he get the traitor guba...

Partly a bit unrealistic but not a bad campaign i think some res missions needed much more tactic

Red Hammer was easily the poorest of the Campaigns, apart from Between the Lines. (has anyone even heard of it? nope, didn't think so wink_o.gif ) It WAS much too hard and the AI on your side was always set to lowest I think, to get a good score you had to keep them out the way and go Rambo.

Red Hammer was easily the poorest of the Campaigns, apart from Between the Lines. (has anyone even heard of it? nope, didn't think so wink_o.gif )

Search The FAQ for "between the lines". biggrin_o.gif