Sign in to follow this  
RedRogue

Vechile Commands

When commanding a vechile, I find it highly annoying that my driver,gunner, and myself are reporting every darn thing on the battlefield when I'm desperatly trying to get my gunner to target and fire. (Yes auto reporting is off)

Now I know in reality you couldn't give more than two orders at a time and on a radio two people can't give two orders at the same time and it be desernable. BUT, me being the commander I'm not going to sit there and finish giving off locations of everything around us then call out a target and fire, I'm going to stop right then and there and give those commands. And given the fact that a tank crew would be using an intercom system in practice commands from the commander would override external messages. When your driver and gunner are giving location calls they would also shut up as soon as the commander was trying to say something.

I guess I'm just alittle tired of the following:

2:BMP 11 o'clock 200

3:Man 11 o'clock 200

1:(RedRogue) - AT soilder 10 o'clock 200

etc.

etc.

etc.

etc.

1: (RedRogue) - Target BMP 11 o'clock

2: Injured

3: Injured

1: (RedRogue) - Fire!

Now as soon as the BMP has been reported I've located it and targeted it, but the d*amn gunner won't position the barrel until everyone stops blathering, so the BMP crew has time to button up, position the barrel and we have already been hit at least once till my gunner fires. Twice if the BMP gets its AT5 off.

Now that is an extreme situation, but I have had ones just like that. Sure the AI may go thru the exact same process but its commands are processed by the computer within milliseconds if not nano seconds, While I sit here having to physically wait for the sounds to be played out.

Arghhhhhhhhh!

Ok well, What do you all think? Am I the weakest link.... smile.gif

You know what I do? I say I DON'T NEED A CREW! Then I go out on my own stop in a secure place like a hill with some cover and rain #### on my enemies.

I just kill my entire crew and then drive the vehicle by itself. I know, not a good a way to fix a problem but I'm not a programmer. smile.gif

I hate driving a tank by myself because it means bouncing from driver to gunner all the time.