Sign in to follow this  
Flackjacket

How do you change view distance?

I read a post where the view distance is being changed. How exactly is this done? There was mention of a command or something "setviewdistance ####" where do you type this? Thanks.

Hi, just type it in the init field of any unit that you want to see further than default view distance. Say you want to see more of beautiful Everon, I mean more than the default 600m or whatever it is (don´t remember). In the editor, doubleclick on the player unit, then if you want to see at least 2000m, type "setviewdistance 2000" in the init field. If you want to use binocular in or use any other commands in addition to the setviewdistance - type:

setviewdistance 2000; this addweapon "binocular" (binocular, not binoculars, or OFP will CTD (Crash To Desktop). I did that mistake quite a few times myself ;-)

This probably belongs in the editing forum but oh well! *smile*

Hidden

To add to Hidden's comments:

The default rendering distance is 900 m and you can set the number between 500 to 5000.

Alternatively you can use the Benchmark command with it too, and write this in your Player's "Edit Unit/Initialization" field:

setviewdistance benchmark

This will set the distance to a recommended distance for your PC's spec.

Do yourself a favour FlackJacket and download the latest Command Reference Manual!