Sign in to follow this  
vulcan

Ofp servers

I have been searchin google for hours and cannot find a good place to rent ofp servers.

I found klan-host and they seemed good but their prices are alittle high.

Can anyone post some places where the servers rates are good and the servers stats are decent?

thanks

ps anyone who has a server who would be interested in renting it, please contact me.

Before you think about renting a server from Klan-Host, check out my post in their forums re:  network routing to their server.  I've been going through hell the past week or so, with my normal ping of 40-70ms shooting up to 500-600ms due to a crappy peering link with cogentco/psi.  And I'm not the only one who has been affected by it.  It seems that if you are connecting from the Western part of the U.S., you might get networked onto that nasty network. Here's the link:

My post on Klan-Host Forum

See if they plan on doing anything about it.  You might also want to do a tracert to 38.113.1.111 (Klan-Host IP) and see what your traceroute looks like during peak user time in the Midwest (Mine shoots up to 500ms/600ms around 3pm-10pm PST).

Good luck!

Before you think about renting a server from Klan-Host, check out my post in their forums re:  network routing to their server.  I've been going through hell the past week or so, with my normal ping of 40-70ms shooting up to 500-600ms due to a crappy peering link with cogentco/psi.  And I'm not the only one who has been affected by it.  It seems that if you are connecting from the Western part of the U.S., you might get networked onto that nasty network.   Here's the link:

My post on Klan-Host Forum

See if they plan on doing anything about it.  You might also want to do a tracert to 38.113.1.111 (Klan-Host IP) and see what your traceroute looks like during peak user time in the Midwest (Mine shoots up to 500ms/600ms around 3pm-10pm PST).

Good luck!

This problem seems to have been resolved recently...My ping is now back down to a steady 50-90ms!