Sign in to follow this  
--LKK.Burnix--

Music addon

Hi, im German, but I try to translate.

Is it possible to make a addon, wich insert music in OFP?

I make a campaign, wich have many music. I hate that, to build in the music in every mission. So, the music should be aviable in every mission.

Please help!

( I know, my english is terrible... tounge_o.gif )

Sorry, i cannot work with this. I just understand a little of this. Can I have some german support? Or another way to do this?

Please help me!

Everyone, who would play my campaign, must have amore?

And I have not found a way, to make an .pbo file, to build in the music in my ofp. sad_o.gif

LKK.Burnix[- @ June 01 2003,13:37)]Everyone, who would play my campaign, must have amore?

And I have not found a way, to make an .pbo file, to build in the music in my ofp.  sad_o.gif

AMORE is totally open standard.

Having Amore is really nothing more than having a new OFP folder named Amore, with each contributor having their own subfolder inside the Amore folder.

Within your own subfolder go all your OFP audio files.

The only other thing you need is a small addon file, which you create. All your addon file contains are cfgMusic/Radio/Sound/SFX statements defining your audio files.

By using Amore's method, you:

1. Make your audio files reusable to yourself and everyone else.

2. Place all OFP audio files in one global directory.

It's easier than you think. Read the AMORE section pages carefully. smile_o.gif

Hi LKK.Burnix!

When I was recently making a mission Amore compliant, I found the easiest thing to do was to download the ones that The Avon Lady has already made.

Then you just have to de-pbo it (I recommend Amalfi's pbo decryptor) and have a look!

Hope that helps you! I found it much easier to understand when I could see it! wink_o.gif

Asmodeus

LKK.Burnix[- @ June 03 2003,12:49)]Damt... I´m stupid? Or why doesnt I understand this...

What don't you understand?

LKK.Burnix[- @ May 31 2003,12:35)]Hi, im German, but I try to translate.

Is it possible to make a addon, wich insert music in OFP?

I make a campaign, wich have many music. I hate that, to build in the music in every mission. So, the music should be aviable in every mission.

Please help!

( I know, my english is terrible...  tounge_o.gif  )

I think what LKK.Burnix means is that he wants the music files available to every mission in his campaign, rather than any music file that gets used more than once being copied into each missions music folder.

Can't you just put all the music into the Campaigns' /Music folder making it available then for every mission?

Can't you just put all the music into the Campaigns' /Music folder making it available then for every mission?

I don't see how. You would have to play around with specifying the music file's path in a directory higher than the mission folder within the campaign's PBO.

Not claiming to be any expert here, but I thought all you had to do was declare the music in the Description.ext for the campaign, then its available for all missions?

At least I hope thats how it works, otherwise my Campaign's gonna be bloody massive when its done ... crazy_o.gif

Not claiming to be any expert here, but I thought all you had to do was declare the music in the Description.ext for the campaign, then its available for all missions?

My mistake! Forgot about a campaign's description.ext file. crazy_o.gif

Still, why not use AMORE and shrink your campaign file size down to nothing.

Or, Poet, do you believe that once you release it, it will be perfect the first time and you won't have to fix a thing? tounge_o.gif

Not at all Avon. biggrin_o.gif

Just doing all my own beta testing, the BIS User Missions board isnt really the place and theres nowhere else unless you want to wait days for maybe 1 person to reply, and I'm too impatient for that.

sad_o.gif

the BIS User Missions board isnt really the place and theres nowhere else unless you want to wait days for maybe 1 person to reply, and I'm too impatient for that.

OFPEC Beta Mission board isn't bad. rock.gif

It isnt if you're an established or well known Mission maker.

But out of 5 missions I posted for feedback there, I got 1 person replying on 1 mission ( not complaining, Sinister really helped with the mission smile_o.gif ), but I do see lots of people posting Betas there and getting pretty much ignored.

OFPECs a good place, but I still think we need a really good site for Mission makers.

But back on Topic, LKK.Burnix : All you have to do is put the music/sound files you want to use for all Missions into the description.ext file for the campaign ( same as you would for a mission ) and then you can use them in any mission like you would the normal BIS music/sounds.

Maybe once I get my mgs2 soundtrack in the mail ill hook up a little amore for you guys.