Sign in to follow this  
RedFive GUN

Web admin?

Yes, I searched first! confused.gif

------------------------

I was wondering...has anyone made a web control panel for OFP servers? Like, edit config files, reset server, upload missions, addons, etc?

Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

I thought about one for my linux server, but no time till now to do one.

My Island must be done first.

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak

I had an attempt at making a Java Program that would allow a user to alter server.cfg and userinfo.cfg and start and restart the program. If you are only a linux machine its pretty easy to code some php to perform shell commands to restart the server etc.

Yeah, I was going to code my own in php, but I can't seem to get php to execute it. I tried exec and system on notepad.exe but it just runs it in the background. Anyone know how to get it to run in the foreground?

Instead of running notepad.exe, open server.cfg file in textarea form using file system, make changes and, and save it back.

To restart server, do it #shutdown command from OFP directly.

Be sure that you have OFP.bat file to allow OFP to auto restart.

Yeah, but that would be the mickey-mouse way to do it. It would be much nicer to have a cobalt-like web admin. Shame I'm not running linux anymore confused.gif

help! wow.gif

Well, I got tired of waiting and I made my own in PHP. Basically it just edits cfg file, restart/stop/start server, ftp link, etc. There's not much else you can do with an ofp server. I wish there was some sort of remote server chat or rcon...oh well

I also made a php XML editor which generates proper xml based on what you input. It's pretty good for you knuckleheads who can't figure out the xml tounge.gifwink.gif

Anyways, if anybody wants the php, email me or pop over to our forums.

VV smile.gif

The #shutdown isnt going to work to well if you dont have access to the server and you upload a bad cfg either.