Sign in to follow this  
Redden7

Random questions

Hello there. I´ve been browsing this forum for ages, but only now need some serious help, so I decided to register.

1) Let´s say I have a captain who is set to get in a jeep, drive from A to B, and then step out. The jeep will be driving away and the captain needs new waypoints, but how do you regain the control over him after this little trip?

2) I´m in need of a code which would count the units in your group after a fight, and if there are too few of them, it would call reinforcements. How is the counting done? array something...

3) What´s the best way to get tanks stay exactly where they are? When the mission begins, they always seem to want to float around a bit before settling down, even if no waypoints are set.

4) This is the most simplest of questions, but what to type when you want a trigger to make yourself join a group?

5) Can you give me a link to the BEST editing guide existing?

Thanks.

1) Let´s say I have a captain who is set to get in a jeep, drive from A to B, and then step out. The jeep will be driving away and the captain needs new waypoints, but how do you regain the control over him after this little trip?

Your captain begin in the jeep ?

2) I´m in need of a code which would count the units in your group after a fight, and if there are too few of them, it would call reinforcements. How is the counting done? array something...

"alive _x" count (units yourgroup)

3) What´s the best way to get tanks stay exactly where they are? When the mission begins, they always seem to want to float around a bit before settling down, even if no waypoints are set.

Yours tanks are probably in formation ? You should change to "neant" (I don't know in english, 1st formation in list ) in the editor for each tank.

4) This is the most simplest of questions, but what to type when you want a trigger to make yourself join a group?

[player] join yourgroup

here tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MaxPower44 @ Mar. 16 2003,01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) Let´s say I have a captain who is set to get in a jeep, drive from A to B, and then step out. The jeep will be driving away and the captain needs new waypoints, but how do you regain the control over him after this little trip?

Your captain begin in the jeep ?

"alive _x" count (units yourgroup)

Yours tanks are probably in formation ? You should change to "neant" (I don't know in english, 1st formation in list ) in the editor for each tank.

[player] join yourgroup

here tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

1) Not necessarily, it´s not the player character, and it starts next to a jeep.

2) Thanks. Is x the number of units needed to activate it?

3) Yep in formation, I could try it.. but if there is some activation line code, it might be better.

ta´da! Danke

1) Give the Captain "this assignascargo <jeepname>" in it's init line. Then give it a "Get in" WP next to the jeep. Give the jeep a "load" WP on itsself and synch the two WPs together. Then give the jeep a "trans unload" WP wherever, and the Captain a "Get out" one next to it, then synch those two as well. The jeep can then pootle off wherever after that, and so can your Captain.

That's the basic way to do it with WPs and the least amount of init-line playing about. There are other, less basic ways to do it. If you want to know, then I can tell you. smile.gif

2) "_x" (very important to put the underscore in there) is just a bit of code representing the current item the script is playing with.

e.g. Instead of saying "alive Bill, alive Ben, alive Flowerpot Man", you just say ["alive _x" foreach group player] (or whatever) and it does the longhand for you. Kinda like a shortcut. Not the foggiest what actual script you need tho..

3) You might try putting "dostop this" in the init line of each tank. makes them stop still (usually) until given orders by the unit leader. Mix this with "no formation" and it works 90%+ of the time.

4) Answered by MaxPower already.

5) First thing you should do is download the official comref (command reference) from the Flashpoint main site. Then just pore through it, picking up ideas as you go. And never be shy to try new stuff out or ask questions. It's how we all learnt. smile.gif