Sign in to follow this  
Rick Nieuwenhuis

i wanted to alter the Desert ambush Co-op mission.

you cant edit mission templates. so there is no use in puting them in the first place.  you know when you go to the multiplayer mission selection screen you could choose to edit an existing mission or edit a template( new mission, new wizard). but this isnt possible anymore sad.gif normally when you click new wizard you get 3 choses: edit, cancel ,finish. but now there is only cancel and finish...

now im a lousy and lazy mission maker (i payed to play not to think too much now my head hurts tounge.gif )  and i normally use BISes original missions (both campaign,single player, multiplayer) and alter them to my liking. but now i cant do this anymore sad.gif can anyone (BIS employers perferred) explain why we cant use the templates anymore ?

(Edited by Rick Nieuwenhuis at 1:07 am on Nov. 16, 2001)

in order to play with the templates you must start up multi-player for some strange reason works for me smile.gif

BOW YOUR HEAD!!!!

Move the desert ambush map out of the MPMissions directory, and put it in your user/missions directory.

Now, just open the map up with the mission editor and off ya go.

When you're done previewing and editing, move it back the the MPMissions folder to play with it online.