Sign in to follow this  
jdgaravito

Lack of Docs is frustrating - Layer Presets and PBR multi as example.

Hi, I'm new in Arma Reforger Modding and I'm creating some custom sets of buildings for a mission I plan to create. I modeled one in Blender and then textured a small building and I had a lot of trouble understanding the workflow to have a working building in the game.
I feel frustrated about the lack of documentation and had to scrape multiple times in the discord just to find elemental things that are not covered in the wiki or are covered poorly. There are no video tutorials or user-friendly content for creators. I remember Bohemia's official channel did an incredible scene animation tutorial and I was hoping to have more tutorials like these but they just show de devs talking and no more recently. I don't know what is the https://enfusionengine.com website for if they are using a decading wiki that is old and unappealing.

For example, I was trying to add some game material to a face and I knew I must choose the right layer preset to work properly, there are a bunch of presets to choose from and I don't know the difference of Building, Buildingfire, buildingfirenavmesh, firegeo and much more. Looked around and asked in Discord no luck. not a single wiki page detailing this, not a single video or blog post around. had to look 1hr blender conference to have a small grasp of the blender infusion pipeline.

Also, I did my best to model and paint in substance to have a realistic building but ended up with 24 materials just for one building. I checked the texture folder and is like 300mb and I know this is wrong. Did my best to have a BCR and NMO map working but I know that there should be a more efficient way to add a bunch of textures in a single file with PBR multi,  and what I understand so far is that is a layered mask or something like that that combine multiple materials textures in a single file. But again no single video, not a single blog post about it. How can I create or export them in substance so I won't lose all my hard work painting the model?

I really appreciate any help. Thanks

PD: Bohemia Devs please make more user friendly video tutorials, explain us your workflow!! 

thanks

• Like 1