Sign in to follow this  
'LeX

Multiplayer not working after 2.14 with Proton.

Hey everyone!

Since the last 2.14 update I'm not able to join any multiplayer servers. The problem is well described in the feedback tracker issue (that's not my report but I have the same experience). You're stuck on a default background when you try to join. The issue persists with using Proton 7, 8 and Experimental as well. This is a separate problem from the Launcher's broken Server tab issue which already has a hotfix on this forum and looks like to only affect Linux gamers. I deliberately didn't use any launch parameters and mods. Singleplayer content works fine.

Usual troubleshooting steps don't seem to work and this affects both AMD and NVIDIA users.

Do you have any solution for the situation?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Unfortunately, this issue began happening sometime between builds v08 and v15 of the performance preview branch during the 2.12 cycle leading up to the 2.14 release. I've asked for help resolving it a few times, but to no avail.

This will only effect BattlEye-enabled servers.

There was some work being done to significantly optimize the signature checking process around the time that the issue began to occur, but beyond that, the only info I have on it is that the UI elements become jumbled and stacked on top of each other, and you'll see this normally-not-present log message in the RPT file.

6:20:53 Error 5 reading file ''

Hopefully we can get someone looking at this despite being an not-officially-supported platform, as it's ground my development cycle straight down to a halt.