Leon_Portier

Proton, A3 launcher locks up on start

Hello,

I switched to Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon a few weeks ago and I'm running ArmA 3 with Proton 8.0-3. The last 7 days the A3 launcher gets stuck on startup like this: (pictured, launcher stuck on dashboard page, "Aquiring latest reports" shown in Latest Reports, "Aquiring Data" shown in My Units, "Loading Data" shown in bottom activity message line) https://imgur.com/a/OJ8VyQL

I'm using following startup parameters, set in Steam Properties: -skipIntro -noSplash -enableHT -hugePages -noHwa

I'd like to play with my favourite CDLCs and Mods, so I'd be very happy for any way to get the launcher going again. If you have any idea or need some info, please ask!

15 hours ago, mcoffin13 said:

For OP, other discussions going on in the following locations

I've posted my originally-discovered 2c in both those spots, but let me know if you make any progress or have any insights.

Thanks, rn I'm trying out Muttleyxd's ArmA3 Unix launcher, which is pretty nice so far, I think I'll stick with that one.

For the Multiplayer issue, I just checked it out. When joining an official server A3 glitches just before the roles screen, showing the default world and a glitched fragment of the UI. I could second it in the bugtracker if it helps.