Sign in to follow this  
JungleBudz

Cycles and Waypoints

Ok, I have a mision where a group of AI units search the woods for enemies. I have this set to cyle on the last waypoint (which is of course by the first waypoint. Now, question is.. I would like to be able to break that cycle and have them head to another waypoint.

The simulation is replicate an AI party searching untill a radio call tells them to come support a base (via a trigger of course.)

Thanks.

Let's see if I remember this off the top of my head:

Add a Move waypoint after the Cycle waypoint, and sync the Move waypoint with a trigger. Once the trigger goes off the cycle is broken, and the group will continue to the waypoints following the Move waypoint.

This was my first thought.. but didn't think it would work. I just tested your solution by having a guy run around me in a 40ft x 40ft square, made a move waypoint over about 100 yards off the cycle waypoint. Put a tank beside his last waypoint, put a trigger on the other side of the tank and synced it with his last move waypoint. I also added TitleText["Trigger Set","plain down"] on the activate of the trigger to make sure it went off. I then took the player, went over and set off the trigger, and it didn't break his cycle.

Any other suggestions?

After thinking about it for a sec and writing a script to which uses LockWP, etc. Couldn't you when the trigger fires, just have the unit join a group at the destination you want them at and he would take their waypoints? Can you join a group to a group??

Do not sync the last move waypoint, sync the cycle waypoint with the trigger, that will break the cycle.

I will try that.. but I would think that by doing that, you would stop the cycle, but when the trigger is set, it just starts its cycle.

Intruder is correct. Also, the trigger must be of type "Switch" (defaults to "None", but that won't work).