Sign in to follow this  
SGTKOPP

What ever happen to the ch53

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 15 2003,22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@Scorpio...Sponsons are those parts into which the gear retract, the big parts that stick out from the side....lol..hard to explain  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's why I didn't understand you, because they're more likely to be called 'Gear Bays'.

The forward (roughly) 2/3 part of the sponsons, which is what they are called, is fuel tanks while the rear 1/3 is a gear bay.

Anyway, looking forward to this add-on very much as the 53 is my favourite transport choper. smile.gif

Are you still planning to release this addon soon, or are you working with BAS now?

Er, no Too Tall... i left at my own free will.

Ox...I'm still planning for a release. Just going a bit slowly im afraid.

any updates scorpio? cant wait for this to finally be released smile.gif

Yup, we're adding damage models with bullet holes and other effects. The texturing on it is finished, but I left the rest to Cpt.Moore. Although we both sometimes work slowly - I'm not sure what Cpt.Moore has done with the coding on the damage models yet.

Please excuse us for the long time. wink.gif

TJ from BAS has told me that the new BAS MH-47E update will set a new standard - and it will. I've got permission to some of their scripts when its released. So hopefully round about the chinook release.

could you release what you have without the scripts and then update at later date confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Mar. 15 2003,16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The best thing about this chopper is the electronics.  It can also deploy zodiac boats from the back for navy seal operations.  Would there be any chance that a zodiac boat could fit in back full of passenger and ready to drop for this model?<span id='postcolor'>

I like that idea too. The seals could be given CoC abilaty to swim and get in the boat by water.TYsiEK's V 22 should have that option too. smile.gif

Late in the thread....but.. WRT the Grey/Black choppers, it is actualy a dark Grey color that is used. Same as the F15E Strike Eagle. It uses the same/very similar dark grey coloring for night operations. The reason? An object that is true black, is actually darker than the background in a "Pitch black" night sky. Thus, it will still present a silouhette, whereas a dark grey, blends in much better. (Let alone black stands out even more so when there is any moonlight present.) This stems from extensive research done by the Germans throughout WW2, for their nightfighter program. (their best results came from using a dark grey base, with very dark green lines crossing to form a kind of grid-like pattern. I played paintball with some people at night, and used a set of BDUs with such a pattern. We did some "tests" of spotting each other standing with the different cammo patterns, and this pattern by far, did it's job the best. The person wearing it literally blended into the night, while standing in the open.)

hello, scorpio i`m looking foward for that chopper since the first time i saw it can you give a date of release please biggrin.gif

Scorpio isn't big on giving release date because he doesn't want to fall on empty promises. But we can ask him this way, if 0% is not started and 100% is complete what percentage are you on and what more do you have to do to complete it.

wink.gif

Applying scripts now. Although I'm having problems with both them and the handling of the chopper. Help is appreciated.

@Peanukle... it maybe possible using BAS's cargo scripts.

@Baron von Beer... thanks, will take that into account.

@Corporal Punishment and everyone else... If it makes you happy to see it in progress, I've put up a late developer diary starting yesterday, here.

it's great to know about the proggress at least, i hope you finish it soon i can't wait to start playing with the ch53

Scorpio, right now I'm working on a dev kit for addonmakers to easily include cargo capabilities to their addons. With this cargo system all sorts of different cargo can be transported by all the vehicles using the system (if their cargo capacities allows). Also the cargo capabilities can easily be adjusted for all sorts of vehicles.

The cargo setup used in the BAS MH-47 is only a small perview of the whole system since the release date was pressing and the cargo system is still under development.

Just contact me if you're interested to include such a system in the CH53.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ April 23 2003,13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@Peanukle... it maybe possible using BAS's cargo scripts.

@Baron von Beer... thanks, will take that into account.

@Corporal Punishment and everyone else... If it makes you happy to see it in progress, I've put up a late developer diary starting yesterday, here.<span id='postcolor'>

making smooth progress there, nice work! but i was hoping it would be a diary like in resident evil: the scorpio diary: day 63, feels like i could eat my hamster... crap, gotta get that outa my mind, think straight!!!.. day85, my arm is itchy, i just wanna chew it off, mmm tastes like chicken... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Romolus @ April 24 2003,21:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Scorpio, right now I'm working on a dev kit for addonmakers to easily include cargo capabilities to their addons. With this cargo system all sorts of different cargo can be transported by all the vehicles using the system (if their cargo capacities allows). Also the cargo capabilities can easily be adjusted for all sorts of vehicles.

The cargo setup used in the BAS MH-47 is only a small perview of the whole system since the release date was pressing and the cargo system is still under development.

Just contact me if you're interested to include such a system in the CH53.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks very much mate, check your PM's.

@mrukas... sheesh, take my advice - see a phsychyatrist. wink.gif

whats the progress on this thing its driving me INSANE AHHH BAH I need to go break something