Ace McQuaide

How do I join Multiplayer

Hi all. New to ARMA3 but used to design scenarios and play regular multiplay VBS long before ARMA.

Looking to get back into multiplay and make connections. Not sure where to start.

I was just coming here to post a similar thread. Questions I would like to add:

1) Are there public servers for free joining? In other words, you don't have to officially join a group in order to play on their dedicated servers, but individuals can join pre-established pub servers - regardless of group alliance - and play?

2) I'm sure of the answer to (1) is "yes" that there will be some explanations of what mods are required, or not accepted?

Watching videos on Youtube and Twitch of some Zeus folks who do a lot of missions, I've seen several public operations over time that indicate there are options for folks to join up without need to special permissions or "key" codes that allow them in. They don't need to be friends of the people who set up the missions/servers. If these are a thing, where can I find them?

Any help would be appreciated. I've about played all of the single-player missions that came with the game, and would like to try my hand at the multiplayer format, in a loose set-up beyond joining a actual group/alliance/clan/guild at this time......