Sign in to follow this  
geijuutsuka

Capturing towns by flags

I've been reading around, trying to find the answer for myself, because we all know that it's silly to clutter the forums with a lot of repeat questions, when all you have to do is a little looking.....but...I didn't really find anything. So here goes. I'm trying to set up a long term campaign for my home Lan, 8 friends of mine come over and play (v1.90). We've recently worked up a list of all weapons, and all vehicles, and the cost for said things, and the reward for destorying said thing....we have bouts of one our gameplay...completely non-linier...that is...we just play..whatever happens, happens...it's more realistic that way, .....you get "credits" for destorying tanks, killing soldiers, officers...etc...and you can, in turn, use these credits to buy weapons, vehicles..etc...in the break period in the next round. My question lies here......up until now....to deem a town, or airbase/infantry base captured, you light a fire...usually in the middle of town, right in the street....it's a good signal that you own the town....visible...by light, and by smoke.......but......I've been thinking....about using flags. Now...from what i've read in the forums here, I can only place a flag, with a flag texture flapping about on it.......this is my question:

Is there any way to make a flagpole...in effect "useable" as in....you walk up to it, a command appears in your action menu "raise flag" and if you push your confirm button, you soldier goes through a "raising flag" animation where the flag is hoisted into the air on the flag?...ie...deeming the town in your possesion. (there would be three flagpoles, obvioiusly, west, east, and resistance)....so your job running into a town would be...first...remove all hostiles....second...lower their flag....third...raise your own. Is this even possible?

And I've also had trouble finding a list of the flags included in version 1.9........people talk about the flagpack, but I'd rather not download another thing I need to distribute to my friends to play. Does anyone have a list of the 1.9 flag names?

Thanks for any help, I really hope this is possible.

Kirk Dyreson

Team NIAA

Northern Illinois Airsoft Association

Well, I'm afraid I don't know how to do this myself, but there are many capture-the-flag maps that use the same principle (and I've played a map of the very type you describe, complete with flags, but I don't think I have the file). If you want to, I can e-mail one to you and you can dig around inside to see what they did. I personally would suggest having a single pole on which you can raise the three different flags.

I believe it is possible. Have you ever played the multiplayer mission "MC CTI 0.99 Beta" In the mission you get points (resources) for holding towns and the way it is signaled a town is taken is by using the flag idea.

here is a link to where you can download it

mfcti 0.99 beta

he has a separate site for the scripting part of it. ....

I do have to warn you.... once you start playing it..... you won't ever stop

I hope this helps

I don't know the scripting involved, but this is what it is like playing it. You enter a town and go to the flag pole in the center. Upon reaching it a new action called "Raise flag" appears in your action menu. Upon selecting this, the pole displays your side's flag and the message "Town has been captured by West" displays for every player. Usually you start accumulating points for holding the town over a period of time. If the enemy manages to get to the flag pole and raise their flag, it becomes their town.

hmm...wow...looks really detailed....but it's kind of frustrating...knowing that I can't get into his file to see how he did the flag thing....I like his idea...I just want control over how it's played on my lan..I want to build things myself....does anyone know the commands to get a west soldier to "raise" a west flag by walking up to an empty flagpole?

Thanks

You can look in his file to see exactly how he did it. Go to the Avon Lady's web site and download the StuffPBO and UnstuffPBO utilities, then use them to extract the mission. Then place it in your users/missions directory, and open it from the editor. Good luck...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (geijuutsuka @ Feb. 06 2003,08:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm...wow...looks really detailed....but it's kind of frustrating...knowing that I can't get into his file to see how he did the flag thing....I like his idea...I just want control over how it's played on my lan..I want to build things myself....does anyone know the commands to get a west soldier to "raise" a west flag by walking up to an empty flagpole?

Thanks<span id='postcolor'>

https://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=70950

^^^ go there and post on the "help" forum... MF will probably give you a detailed response in a day or so.. hope that helps.

try something like this :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_flaglist = [obj1, obj2 ... ,objn]

_condition = "(" + name (flaglist select 0) + " distance player <10) "

_count = 1

#beginloop

?(_count < count flaglist): goto "Endloop"

_condition =  " || (" + name (flaglist select _count) + " distance player <10) "

_count = _count + 1

goto "beginloop"

#Endloop

@call _condition

; (flagpole1 distance player < 10) || (flagpole2 distance player < 10) || ... || (flagpoleN distance player < 10)

;searche the nearest flagpole

; open here the dialog

@dialogclose

~10; time to go away

goto "EndLoop"

<span id='postcolor'>

tell me if it works or not !

PS: MFCTI is a very good map, try this, the new version arrived today (V1.0)