Engelhelm

Nintendo switch experience

I play on switch for several days and unfortunately don't see any reasons to spend time and money for this game in such state.

1.Playing with xbox players. It's totally unfair, i always matchmake with xbox players and all gameplay is to loot everything from nearest houses and try to escape. If some xbox player see you , you will be dead.

2. Poor optimization. Because everything in blur and you have bad visibility its hard to see enemy. Also i always have some lags that destroy experience from game.

3. Internet connection. I don't know why , but in this game i always have bad connection and lags. I was traying to use several hotspots but result the same. I dont have such problem with any other games, only with Vigor.

4. White screen. The game very often crash with the white screen, only restart of console helps.

I bought armor pack and battle pass, but dont know what to do with it, because play with pleasure is impossible.
P.S. Sorry for my english, its not my native lenguege.

1.Playing with xbox players. It's totally unfair, i always matchmake with xbox players and all gameplay is to loot everything from nearest houses and try to escape. If some xbox player see you , you will be dead.

I can not confirm that. I had often had a fair situation in combat. But only after the Free2Play conversion.

2. Poor optimization. Because everything in blur and you have bad visibility its hard to see enemy. Also i always have some lags that destroy experience from game.

I have to agree. The performance is just too acceptable. I heard an update was already in the support phase. But I missed another update for the Free2Play changeover. I can well imagine that porting to the switch hardware is a bit different from porting to consoles. Because of the ram, etc. I would still welcome a performance update. For example, I had enormous performance problems in fog and on some maps.

3. Internet connection. I don't know why , but in this game i always have bad connection and lags. I was traying to use several hotspots but result the same. I dont have such problem with any other games, only with Vigor.

I can agree with that too. But I think more so that it is a display error. Because I've never been kicked out of a match.

4. White screen. The game very often crash with the white screen, only restart of console helps.

I had these crashes 2 times. I always had to completely restart my switch.

I would also like to say that I found certain texture errors on trees in snow maps. In addition, in a house building on the 2nd floor there is a box that you can always loot but never has any content.

By and large, I am partially satisfied with the launch on the Switch, but the performance really needs to be worked on urgently. You can work on improvements to the graphics later if something should come up there.

I would also like to suggest again that we Switch users get a function in the search so that we want to have Xbox players active in the search. This can be activated at the beginning, but for those who want to wait a little longer, it can be deactivated again.

Excuse my english. It's not my main language.

2 hours ago, streider5 said:

I can agree with that too. But I think more so that it is a display error.

Unfortunately for me it's not only display error. 😞 I can run forward for several seconds and after my character teleport back.Or i shoot from shotgun and my character shoot only after few seconds.

Unfortunately for me it's not only display error. 😞 I can run forward for several seconds and after my character teleport back.Or i shoot from shotgun and my character shoot only after few seconds.

I don't have these problems. Do you have a Switch Lite or one with a station. I can tell you I have one with a station (the second generation).

Hi there, thank y'all for sharing your feedback.

1 hour ago, Engelhelm said:

Unfortunately for me it's not only display error. 😞 I can run forward for several seconds and after my character teleport back.Or i shoot from shotgun and my character shoot only after few seconds.

This issue sounds like it's internet connection related - could you perhaps switch to a LAN connection, or move closer to your wifi? It should help 🙂

@Engelhelm, here are some responses which can give you more insight on what could be going on behind the scenes:

Playing with xbox players can be a bit of a challenge, however, you should be mostly against Switch players now, since our f2p release. Of course there may be a few xbox players that can pop up here and there, but it can also depend on the time of day in which you are playing.

The team is constantly working on improvements and fixes - it might take time, since it is not an easy task, but they are working hard on it.

The internet connection issues can also be location based - we're aware that some of our players in Asia may be having some difficulties, as they connect to either the US servers or the Australian one, depending on their latency.

The white screen crashes are also being looked into by the team. So far though, what the community has noticed, is that the white screen issue tends to happen when they are sitting in a hot room with their Switch. Moving to a cooler area can perhaps help with this 🙂

I hope that I've managed to give you some info, and that it helps. Thank you once more for your feedback, and see you in the Outlands. 🍅

@fOrsythiaa , Thank you for your reply.
About internet connection problem. I have only hotspots and was trying to play on near wifi. If it need LAN connection it's strange, because this game for switch, which means that you will play not always at home. My location is Europe. Maybe this problem only for my switch 😞

About white screen. Temperature in my flat is 18 degree,for me it's not so hot.

I agree with the fact that playing against Xbox players is unfair. Besides from graphics, their controls are also more refined. 
The last few days I’ve been seeing more and more Xbox players (more that 50% per encounter) so we really need to be able to switch off cross play. 

• Like 1