Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Changing default gunner/driver in ofp boats

I've got a Vietnam mission that uses OFP's standard Soviet boat model.

When added to a map as is, the driver and gunner show up as Soviet soldiers. How can I replace them with other soldier addon units?

TIA. smile.gif

stop spamming avon.

tounge.gif

how about putting an empty soviet boat and use 'moveindriver' and 'moveingunner command' ?

Who says moderators aren't useful! tounge.gif

Next............................

Found this on another thread here:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would also recommend assigning the soldier to the boat first - it just makes things a lot easier if the AI thinks it really is his boat!

soldier assignasdriver boat1

then do the moveindriver as described previously.<span id='postcolor'>

Where do I specify "soldier assignasdriver boat1"? In the boat's init field or in the soldier unit's init field?

If the soldier's, should I change the word "soldier" to "this"? confused.gif

jeeze. aren't you supposed to know more about mission editing than this glue junkie? tounge.gif

i'd suggest soldier's init field.

using 'this' would be helpful. if that doesn't work, give soldier a name and use as your quoted text.

for more ideas/help, please use JOhan Gustavson's editor tutorial, and Official command reference biggrin.giftounge.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 26 2003,10:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">jeeze. aren't you supposed to know more about mission editing than this glue junkie?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Read the first item in The FAQ's MISSION EDITING section. smile.gif

Searching the forum here gave me the answers, just needed clarification. Otherwise, yes, I do reference the tutorials.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spitfire @ Jan. 26 2003,10:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">C'mon, give her a break, she's learning as she goes wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

*cough*

Anyway, works perfectly. I defined an empty boat, named it boat1 and defined two soldiers, each with one of the following init lines:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this assignAsDriver boat1; this moveinDriver boat1;

this assignAsGunner boat1; this moveinGunner boat1;<span id='postcolor'>