Sign in to follow this  
alkanet

CfgFunctions_Extended

CfgFunctions_Extended 
In my time of isolation i experimented with the current cfgfunctions and this is what i came up with.
Same structure as regular cfgfunctions but now you need to select the functions your addon or mission will use. This is ment to reduce amount of functions being loaded into memory. New naming of functions, "Tag_Category_fnc_function". New options like onlyEden (will only load function when eden starts), debug (will add time it took to execute the function and store it in report file(diag_log) ) and cfgFunction (use the standard naming of functions). Will also detect if two addons are using the same tag and then only give access if the tag and current addon name is the same. Below is an example.

The main scenario would be if multipile addons is using only certain functions from another addon. Then these addons can specify what function tag or category they are using in CfgFunctions_Extended_Preload and save some memoryIn regular cfgfunctions everything is loaded into memory at startup.

Opinion?

//Add to your addon or description.ext
class CfgFunctions_Extended_Preload
{
  //Load all functions in Eden.
  class Eden{};

//Only load Debug functions within AI. Animation functions will not be loaded into memory.
  class AI {
      class Debug{};
  };

};

class CfgFunctions_Extended
{
	class Eden
	{
		//Can only be called  in eden.
		class Debug
		{
			onlyEden = 1;
			file="eden\functions\Debug";
			class add{}; //Eden_Debug_fnc_add
			class init{postInit  = 1;}; //Eden_Debug_fnc_init
			class writeTo{}; //Eden_Debug_fnc_writeTo
		};
	};
 	class AI
	{

class Debug
		{
			file="ai\functions\Debug";
			class add{}; //AI_Debug_fnc_add
		};

class Animation
		{
			cfgFunction  = 1; //Use standard naming.
			file="ai\functions\Animation";
			class set{}; //AI_fnc_set
		};
	};
};

• Like 1