Sign in to follow this  
RMATICH

My great nam missions

I'm making Vietnam missions [a whole lot of coop] for those hungry for Nam. They are going to be Special Forces, then Marine missions, and then Army missions. I plan to have a Kie San battle mission with Marines defending. They will hold on for dear life as a massive siege takes place. My first mission is a special forces mission. Your either Navy Seal or Nva in this exciting "take the river" mission. Why coop? Only because I want to give you the player the ability to choose your side and which player you want to play. Its in the "files" section of my group. Just get a Yahoo account and join the group to get all my files. There will be lots and lots of files. My job allowis me the chance to plan missions at night while at work. I have a dull job. LOL. So I can dream up lots to interesting missions. It will be well worth joinig. I'm also going to be posting to one of the sites hosting Flashpoint missions. I'll keep you updated baby. tounge.gif From a bunker deep in the you know what its rmatich bringin you da wawa!!!! biggrin.gif

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GetsomeNam/

That picture is very depressing.

IMO, quality > quantity. If the missions are good I'll follow, but pumping out one a day doesn't allow for much quality.

Thats where the Vietnam books and special forces books and other war books will come into play. Its all about the realsm. Long marchs, sudden ambushes, and the "reality" of real combat situations. I have enough frighening stuff in my head to fill 100 missions. At least thats what the psychiatric doctors here at the "hospital" tell me. LOL. Just kidding.  tounge.gif  The casualty rate in a lot of the battles in Vietnam was around 70%. Most movies only capture just a glimps of what it was realy like. I plan to "give you the war" in as brutal a fashoin as I can. Thats the problem with some Falshpoint missions is that they are to "unreal". The NVA and VC are going to outnumber you. Sure. Because thats how it "really" was over there. Patrols would go out at night and in the morning no one would come back. Scary stuff. My next mision that I hope to add by morning will involve a siezing of an ammo facility. Sounds easy? Not when you see how the Nva have it guarded. I sent 4 helicoptor gunships over the ammo dump. All were shot down in about 2 minutes! What does that tell you. I'd lock and load. Bullets and mortors are going to be thick enough to kill anything that moves. Its that well guarded.  smile.gif  Once people see the "amount" of ammo they will know why its so well guarded. Yes that picture is a bit of a downer. Thats to prepare people for just the kind of missions I have in store for them. I'll post when mission is up.

Sounds like lambs being led to slaughter. Would be cool if your a lone or 3 man OPs unit and you have the ability to call in multiple air support and infantry support as you crawl in closer and closer to the ammo depot. Meanwhile, you will be able to pick off 1 or 2 enemy before they figure out your moving in on them. Once they find that your flanking them, they will send out squads in your general direction, and you'll have to dig in at proper cover.

If anyone wants my Vietnam missions but does not want to join my Yahoo group for the files please email me for the files at rmatich@Yahoo.com Thanks.

Hmmm, I've got SEB Ia Drang Valley and Nam Pack 2, but the mission doesn't load.

I d/led it to my missions folder, tried to open it in single player missions and it just put me back in the main menu.

Put it in Multiplayer. Its a coop mission. smile.gif Then let me me know if it works. I'm anxous to see if it works. Multiplayer coop.

rott cadet? xmas.gif

The map was OK. Completely lacked a briefing/notes, but I just followed the waypoints.

If you're going to make the maps this big with such a long walk (which I liked, actually). Allow respawns. Yes I know it's not realistic, but nobody's going to want to spend a half hour walking to just die and stop playing, it's not worth it.

tounge.gif  I'll consider respawn. Were you ever able to complete the mission? What did did you think when you crossed that river again. Pretty scary huh?  wow.gif  I won't give it away for anyone else that wants to play.

Single player missions will be offered also. LOL.

Actually it was midnight when I got killed, so I didn't feel like walking for another 15 minutes, especially since I don't like doing MP. tounge.gif I'll give it another go.